Author Topic: "You don't know what you've got till you loose it."  (Read 5082 times)

Syl

• View Profile
Re: "You don't know what you've got till you loose it."
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 10:16:22 AM »
You guys sent chills through me being I felt more than just a read on your mishaps. Years ago, I was drug 35-50 yds on the turnpike due to a front tire blow-out at 65-70 mph. According to state police that was the distance of the start at blowout to stop. Hope you don't mind here but all I want to to say is never use a new tire if it sat in very hot roof rafters after about 4-5 years. Such as even one post I read on here about one using a tire that looked flawed next to the rim. ....get rid of it..go new..with best you can buy. I can feel all this bad mishaps people report along with all the bike deaths on the roads anymore. Be safe everyone..expect the unexpected.

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 10:49:26 AM »
Syl...Excellent Info.  I worked in the Rubber / Tire Industry for a few years.
We milled the material in one plant and shipped it another plant to be assembled
into product.   Ends up,  rubber cures in heat,  in this case, high summer temps. in a semi
for about 10 hours during transfer.  Product life testing dropped dramatically.  Solution...
Transported and stored in a refrigerated condition until use.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2012, 01:33:08 AM »
Urbestfriend, sorry to be a noob but since we don't have deers crossings here I haven't seen one of those deer alerts... How does it work?, like with a sensor? please enlighten.  I might have some other uses for it here. Thanks in advance.

Mike Green

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2012, 12:23:22 AM »
Vivo!, I visited my angel.
Coming home this afternoon and saw his truck sitting on the road in front of his house. Pulled in his drive and he and his wife were out front working on a pontoon boat, (where's Zombie when you need him), I got out of my vehicle and walked up to him and gave him a big hug. He looked at me and said "I know who you are!". We spent about an hour chatting and I thanked him profusely.
Thank you for your kind reminders to take care of that.
Mike

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2012, 01:34:33 AM »
damn man, glad your ok...deer scare the be-jeezuz out of me, even worse now im doing 65+ on the Suzie Intruder.
i hit a deer that was about the size of my Agility. i was going 45 heading for a crossroads and it just lept out from a bush and straight into me, didnt even have time to hit the brakes so i hit it at WOT.
i was expecting the bike to be smashed but she didnt even have cracked plastics not one bit of damage and i managed to stay on the bike too.
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2012, 02:20:30 AM »
Vivo!, I visited my angel.
Coming home this afternoon and saw his truck sitting on the road in front of his house. Pulled in his drive and he and his wife were out front working on a pontoon boat, (where's Zombie when you need him), I got out of my vehicle and walked up to him and gave him a big hug. He looked at me and said "I know who you are!". We spent about an hour chatting and I thanked him profusely.
Thank you for your kind reminders to take care of that.
Mike

You are most welcome, Mike.  I'm glad you finally talked to them...  :) :) :)

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2012, 03:54:00 PM »
Mike, so sorry about the accident, but so glad you're still here.  I have noticed that you are on the forum more often lately.  For years I used what we call deer horns.  Epoxy 2  of them on the front bumper and, wala, no deer problems.  I just put 2 of them on my grand daughter's car since she has to drive in deer country, she said she sees them on the side of the road, but they don't move.  Maybe I'll put them on my Yager.  I had to travel to Europe to meet some people from 'Bama, very nice friendly folks.

Richard L.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

Mike Green

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2012, 11:40:55 PM »
Thanks Richard,
My XC500 is still at the dealership being repaired. When I get it home I'm going to buy the Hopkins
Deer Alert and probably put some of the Car Whistles on too. Deer population around my house is enormous. 1/4 mile from my home is a Hunt Club and they usually get at least one a day so little help there. The deer have no food chain predators other than coyotes out here so they are like rabbits. Thanks for the complement. Most Northeners think that we are all ignorant red necks but I love the South and my heritage. Most people don't know that the most recognized dedicated Shakespeare theater is in Montgomery, Al. I would say that we Southerners are friendly fun loving folks. In my opinion the best people and culture in the world is Australia. My wife's an Aussie and I'v spent a lot of time there. Thanks again,
Mike

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()