Author Topic: Winter Apparel  (Read 1061 times)

joebro

• View Profile
Winter Apparel
« on: November 24, 2014, 05:42:43 PM »
Well its ranging from highs of 50 to lows of 25 here so I thought I would see how most people ride during the winter. Anyone out there who would like to share there tips and tricks to staying warm on short or long winter trips?
You only live once but if you live right once is all you need.

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
snowsuit
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 06:05:33 PM »
is my main piece of gear. Rode the other day in the 40 s.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Winter Apparel
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 06:56:58 PM »
Any of those electric clothes you can find. gloves, and socks especially.
100% coverage of your face is the real issue. I used to ride w/ those WWII aviator type goggles or MX goggles.

It was always the corners of my eyes that went from pain to "I wish I were dead" by the end of a long cold ride.
One of those bank robber masks, and goggles did the trick for me.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 09:46:33 PM »
Warm dress warm.dress in layers.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 02:59:10 AM by blue »

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 10:31:47 PM »
I wear insulated coveralls and am never cold, only my hands get cold from the wind, I am looking into something to deflec the wind more for this winter.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

alloo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 02:19:39 AM »
A good jacket, large windscreen, lap apron, handlebar mitts, textile pants. Sometimes heated gloves and jacket liner when it gets below freezing. The main thing about riding in cold weather is to stay warm. I've ridden down to 5 F. So far. Scooters offer better protection from the elements than motorcycles. Good luck.
Aloha,
Al

06 Burgman 650 Executive
07 Xciting 500

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 05:45:41 AM »
In lower temps (below 35) I usually have my Underarmours as the first layer, then thick jeans and some "warm up" style pants over that. Up top, it's Underarmour, long-sleeve shirt, light jacket or hoodie, my FirstGear armored jacket, then a storm jacket that repels wind and water over that. For my 3/4 helmet, I have a detachable jaw piece that snaps right into it and covers my chin and face up to my eyes. Of course, I have a pair of heavy Fly cold weather gloves with silk liners underneath. I usually stay nice and warm for about 45 minutes of riding time, which is more than enough to get me where I need to go in the surrounding area.
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

joebro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 09:18:26 AM »
Hmm I got some pretty good ideas of what I need to get now. :) Also I really like the goggle idea Zombie had, anybody know where I could find some that would fit over my regular prescription glasses?
You only live once but if you live right once is all you need.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2014, 10:09:51 PM »
They're simply called "over glasses" goggles. Search that, and you will find them everywhere

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=goggles+that+fit+over+glasses&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()