Author Topic: Louder Air Horn  (Read 3210 times)

Ben

• View Profile
Louder Air Horn
« on: January 22, 2013, 02:51:10 PM »
Hello,
Did someone install louder air horn on Grand Vista ?
Is there enough room for this one from Ebays for $20...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/143DB-12V-12-VOLT-ELECTRIC-SUPER-LOUD-AIR-BLAST-HORN-GOLF-CART-ATV-RHINO-UTV-/200838740774?fits=Make:KYMCO|Model:Grand%20Vista&hash=item2ec2ebfb26&item=200838740774&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr
Thanks

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
Re: Louder Air Horn
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 06:36:15 PM »
OK...Here's what Urbestfriend and AV Guy recommend.  I had a horn just like this on my GV for a while,  but the motor
is a little bit slower and the horn itself needs more air.  Also had one on a Nissan Maxima and even on a bigger car,  the unit seriously lacks the tone and power you'll get from a Nautilus or WOJO (Same thing different name).  I have this horn on all
my cars and bikes.  Cost about $35-39 at most any auto parts stores these days.  This week's  experience was a guy in front of me at a light that sat after it turned green.  I honked once.  Made him so mad,  he pulled forward into the intersection 10ft. and stopped just to make me mad.  Then went below the speed limit because I couldn't pass him.   So you can see,  the sound is loud, commanding and demands attention.  The best place to mount it is center bottom of the windshield for maximum volume.  Check AV Guy's or my previous posts and you may find pictures.  If not e-mail either of us.  Quality good.  Only had one go bad after several
years on my pick-up that was always outside.   Also comes in Chrome for 50-55 dollars.  It's also smaller than the one you've shown us.

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 07:54:00 PM »
Simple as drilling a hole in the windshield.  I also have an LED Light Bar.  Keep the stock horn.  Tap wires off of it,  but run a heavier hot line back to the battery.  You'll have to remove the front cowl.

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 07:54:57 PM »
WOLO Chrome Horn...Sorry not WOJO.

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 07:57:50 PM »
Just how forgetful can an old man be.   I also have Hopkins Electronic Deer Alerts JB welded to my horns.
($15.00 from E-Trailer).  See Black Disk on front of Chrome Horn.

Ben

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 01:46:58 AM »
Thanks for the info.
Now I have second thought, a loud horn may piss off some folks. I first thought it is funny, loud horn on a tiny scooter, but cagerider might not look at it that way.
Ben

AVGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 03:25:41 AM »
Let 'em get mad. I got mad when a lady pulled out from a side street and almost ran me in a ditch. I honked my little " toot toot" horn but kicking her car would've been more effective. So I followed what urbestfriend did and put a Wolo Badboy on my scoot.

I was riding on a multilane highway in town when a car beside me started into my lane. I gave her  a couple of blasts and she moved back over.
Grand Vista 250
"Big Scoot"

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 11:23:38 PM »
Sorry...I've been gone for the last week with only a pocket size I-Pod which doesn't make for easy e-mails.   I forgot to mention,
the guy I upset was in a Cadillac and I was in our Audi SW which includes the original horn and the air horn.  I'm strong
on safety.  My wife actually requested this air horn for her car.  The issue likely is it's so loud,  it scares people  (wakes them up).
Don't give up on one.  Also see today's post on LED lights under Xciting 500.

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 01:21:13 PM »
I like to make 2 horn buttons and fire the stocker with one and the loud one with the other
so you can use the appropriate one.

I just had an idea, use a delay so the stock one always fires right away and the loud one only
 works after a second or two. So if you hold it down it gets loud. The two switches don't always
 work if you hit the wrong switch!
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 10:22:14 AM »
   Thanks for the info on Wolo air horn pick up one at Harbor freight in water town NY.yesterday, a bad place to be in, to many tools , and not enough money,.    it has a big stock of every thing,  I needed 50 years ago,.

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 01:12:43 PM »
You'll be happy you did.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()