Author Topic: How do I derestrict the CDI on Super 9 AC 2007  (Read 11886 times)

buzzbomb

• View Profile
Re: How do I derestrict the CDI on Super 9 AC 2007
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2010, 06:37:12 AM »
Nice to hear man,

Thanks for pumping me up,

did you install the kit alll yourself? and Did the Jasil and Malossi parts come from them also?

I am also wondering why your top speed is 49 THOUGH???

Well, the jug and piston are super easy to swap out. It took about an hour. The carb does fit well, although I port matched the manifold to the new carb; ground it out with a die grinder. The throttle cable is the hardest part, but a few good videos I found here http://www.youtube.com/user/1PizzaFace#p/u outline the job very well. Same scooter. I got the Jasil variator, and clutch springs there, and the Malossi parts right from Malossi USA. I also have a Malossi Delta clutch but ordered the wrong size, so I now need a new clutch bell, but I will deal with that in the future.
 I am getting 49 MPH now. The old stock parts got to 37 MPH. Its getting better....I am still playing with the jetting, and I am going to try different roller weights. Maybe alter the timing. I also ordered a K&N filter off FleaBay, but its backordered. I am using the stock airbox and opened it up a lot, as in the above videos. Maybe too restrictive yet. Gotta wait for that.
I have never rode a water cooled S9, but from what I have learned they must be WAY faster and more powerful than the air cooled- a lot of people claim upwards of 60 MPH. I would really like to see this firsthand. BUT- they don't make the L/C one anymore- had to buy what they had now (2008).
 I found a ton of good data here http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/super9/- look under Files, and there is a spreadsheet listing users' specs, and their results. I think you need to register to see them. A few scooters using the same parts I have are getting 60 or better. I am open to suggestions.
As always, your mileage may vary. Contents may have settled. Professional driver- closed course. Blah blah blah... 8)

Greenbean

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2010, 11:38:04 AM »
Thanks man,

I registered back in early 09 with the Yahoo group also, lots of info there, and I found Aeromyst and Scootertrog on another forum and they helped a BOAT LOAD!!!

Thing is I could 50 lever ground with my 50cc Super9 with the Dr Pulley weights and un restricted CDI, speed boss replaced and Technigas pipe,

A water cooled was a bit faster, keeping the temp down helps quite a bit...

art

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2010, 05:31:47 PM »
 Those were some great vids wish I had them before my build. You should be able to hit 60mph with ease. I'm past that with my kitted people 50. airsol 70cc,Tecnogas rs2,arrache 19mm, and k/n plus lots of cvt tuning. I'm looking for a realistic top of 70+ with the bigger tires and mods i have done. Ha! but its down right now. Hopefully soon a true gps and some vids.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 04:47:37 AM by art »
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

buzzbomb

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 06:42:14 AM »
Those were some great vids wish I had them before my build. You should be able to hit 60mph with ease. I'm past that with my kitted people 50. airsol 70cc,Tecnogas rs2,arrache 19mm, and k/n plus lots of cvt tuning. I'm looking for a realistic top of 70+ with the bigger tires and mods i have done. Ha! but its down right now. Hopefully soon a true gps and some vids.

I am still trying to speed mine up. I want to go 60. I am running 6.5 g rollers in my Jasil variator, and am going to try 7.5 when I find time. I guess a new belt would not hurt- mine is at 17.5 mm- the wear limit is 17mm from Kymco. My RPMs top out around 9500 at WOT, at around 47- 48 MPH. Am I gonna hit 60 mph? Can the timing be altered to gain RPMs ?
 While awaiting my K&N filter which is back ordered, I am now running an 85 jet in the Arreche. Plug analysis shows a pretty good mix right now, but, as you told me in an earlier thread, maybe I could go a lot bigger.
 BUT- ... it sure sucks gas. ..... filled it today- 35 MPG.
 :o

art

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2010, 07:34:16 AM »
   I'm on a people 50 + mods Not real familure with the s9 but to give you an idea after mods I'm running 12g rollers a 743 belt dr pulley clutch and bell with a 2000 rpm contra and about a #107 main jet.
   Seems to me the 6.5g rollers are too light for you(the stock people was 8.5),so you top to soon to really get rolling, a stiffer contra will allow you to get the motor in the right rpm to take advantage of the powerband.  a longer belt will also give you some more top.(I don't know your belt size)
   Once you get the filter things will change and an upjet a must A #95 is a good start but ultimatly you will need more. The milage is below average maybe the tuneing will help I'm still getting better than that,40 something.When things werent doing to good I was probably around that or worse Ha! The timeing is kinda set(you don't want to go there) It can be done!
   The real secret after mods is fine tuneing the cvt to match the power you are creating. see what you can make of this and post back. Try to find your Belt size and I'll see if we can come up with a better size for it
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 07:37:37 AM by art »

art

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010, 08:11:01 AM »
 Ha! just another thought looked back at some older posts. When you get all tuned right you will be cruesing at 40 to 45 mph at around an 1/8 to 1/4 throttle 50+ at 1/3 to 1/2 so you might see how milage can improve if your not wot all the time with some good tuneing  ;) Might not be a rocket off the line to 15 mph,but after that all hell breaks loose! Mine has another hit at the 50mph mark and takes off scary fast.(It did anyway not sure were my next round of tuneing is going) Ha! ps. Im shooting for top speed not take off. Once this thing is rolling it goes! Not bad off the line either. I think my other build will beat it to 25 but it tops a little over 55 at the moment.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 08:23:30 AM by art »

buzzbomb

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2010, 04:47:51 PM »
Ha! just another thought looked back at some older posts. When you get all tuned right you will be cruesing at 40 to 45 mph at around an 1/8 to 1/4 throttle 50+ at 1/3 to 1/2 so you might see how milage can improve if your not wot all the time with some good tuneing  ;) Might not be a rocket off the line to 15 mph,but after that all hell breaks loose! Mine has another hit at the 50mph mark and takes off scary fast.(It did anyway not sure were my next round of tuneing is going) Ha! ps. Im shooting for top speed not take off. Once this thing is rolling it goes! Not bad off the line either. I think my other build will beat it to 25 but it tops a little over 55 at the moment.

Yes Art, this is what I like to hear. I will be replacing the rollers and checking the belt size hopefully this weekend. I think you are exactly right on the CVT tuning and carb jetting.
I will keep you posted........ 8)

Greenbean

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2010, 01:51:12 AM »
So is it safe to say the People 50 and the S9 have the exact same A/C engines in them?

art

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2010, 03:28:16 PM »
 I do not know for a fact,but suspect they are. I hav'nt seen one in person yet (s9)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2010, 02:01:50 AM »
..i'd like to know that m'self...

..bet they know over at scooterinvasion...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Dennis Householder Jr

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2016, 08:30:50 PM »
I have been trying to figure this out but I cant get a straight answer. Some threads say to cut a green wire, while others say that the 07 doesnt have the green wire and that I should just get a new CDI.

If so which one do I get? Or can I cut some wire to make it work

Remember its an AC 2007 Super 9

Thanks
i
Remove the CDI, using a hack saw, cut directly down the center of the CDI on the opposite side of the plugs. Cut about 3my at first, reconnect it to the bike and rev the bike while on the center stand. If the rev limiter is still on, remove the CDI and cut another 3mm. Once that old stinky rev limiter is disconnected you will be amazed at the amount of power.
                                                            Dennis P. Householder Jr
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 06:50:45 PM by Dennis Householder Jr »

Dennis Householder Jr

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2016, 09:05:42 PM »
I have been trying to figure this out but I cant get a straight answer. Some threads say to cut a green wire, while others say that the 07 doesnt have the green wire and that I should just get a new CDI.

If so which one do I get? Or can I cut some wire to make it work

Remember its an AC 2007 Super 9

Thanks

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()