Author Topic: video  (Read 1959 times)

djpo

• View Profile
video
« on: May 04, 2016, 10:38:49 PM »
I took my Like 200i out for a nice ride this past Saturday. I put the GoPro on the handlebars (not the best place for them, in hindsight - way too much shake). Apparently I didn't tighten the housing on the GoPro completely, and the camera shifted in the housing slightly. Must be sure to double check the housing before heading out :)

Here's some speedy scooter riding near my home:

...if you're interesting in seeing our Polaris RZR in action - my other video on there is from our Winchester Bay off roading.  Mostly my guy is driving but I make an appearance at 3:47 to tackle one of the dunes. :)
🏍  Rolling in style on a 2015 Kymco Like 200i  🏍
Smoking the streets of Kitsap County - Washington State

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
Re: video
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 08:29:43 PM »
That's my idea of places to ride. I don't much care for riding around town as I do backroads in the country.

djpo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 02:00:30 PM »
Thanks. I passed my MC class this weekend so technically I'm "qualified" to ride now. oh boy, the state has no idea who they just endorsed. LOL

Funny thing is, now I want more power. .............

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 12:28:20 AM »
Congrats on the official endorsment. What's your camera setup?
Wayne

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 03:00:57 AM »
Thanks for posting the video. I’m looking into getting a camera myself, so I’m curious as to what you have.

- Wolf

djpo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 02:42:47 PM »
It is a GoPro Hero4 Black. I had it mounted on the handlebars but it had too much shake. I'll be mounting it on the helmet next time per advice from my kiddo who uses his GoPro when he rides.

The neat thing about the GoPro is that you can change the way it captures video (you can go fisheye, or standard). I haven't really played around with it and am trying to figure out how to get the best out of it. I took photography in high school and did professional photography for a while (wildlife) but video has always been beyond my comfort zone.

We are heading to Moab next weekend for 2 weeks to ride our Polaris RZR1000 and our trail bicycles (and hopefully the scooter for tooting around town). I was hoping to get a little polish on my video skills by then but just haven't been able to find the time to goof with it.

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 03:51:34 PM »
We are heading to Moab next weekend for 2 weeks to ride our Polaris RZR1000 and our trail bicycles (and hopefully the scooter for tooting around town).

One of my favorite places to take me Jeep, I go once a year on rare occasions twice. I've taken my Burgman a couple of times and ridden over to Colorado. Enjoy.
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

tortoise

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 03:54:14 PM »
Other than drones, gimbal chest mount videos are significantly less nauseating (from a viewer perspective).

! No longer available

! No longer available

djpo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 04:26:12 PM »
Cool. thanks for the feedback and advice. I just ordered a Neewer NW-Z71 Gimbal from Amazon. I'm not handy in making my own stuff. I have more GoPro gadgets than I know what to do with. One more won't hurt. LOL

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2016, 03:06:16 PM »
Thanks. I passed my MC class this weekend so technically I'm "qualified" to ride now. oh boy, the state has no idea who they just endorsed. LOL

Funny thing is, now I want more power. .............
Be careful what you pray for because you just might get it. I wanted fast last year and bought this Honda CB 900 Hornet that could do the quarter mile in less than 11sec. Corvette's do it in the 12's. Decided that it was way too much power for me.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()