Scooters - 50cc > Vitality 50

Can you derestrict a Vitality 2t 2007?

(1/3) > >>

crunchyshadow:
Hey Forum! My Vitality goes great, but it seems to be bottlenecked at around 75 km/h and my acceleration isn't spot on. Two questions: How can I derestrict this this scooter and I bought a new strap because it's still stock and this scooter is almost 10 years old, will this affect my performance negatively?

eamartin:

--- Quote from: crunchyshadow on October 03, 2017, 03:47:51 AM ---Hey Forum! My Vitality goes great, but it seems to be bottlenecked at around 75 km/h and my acceleration isn't spot on. Two questions: How can I derestrict this this scooter and I bought a new strap because it's still stock and this scooter is almost 10 years old, will this affect my performance negatively?

--- End quote ---

What is a strap?

Stig / Major Tom:
46mph seems very good out of 50cc.
Strap? Your belt? 10yrs old? Yes, you will probably see a bit more speed with a new belt -- because it will surely be wider than your 10yr old belt....assuming that you purchased the stock Kymco belt. Aftermarket belts can be a crap-shoot.
Stig

crunchyshadow:

--- Quote from: Stig on October 03, 2017, 05:09:25 PM ---46mph seems very good out of 50cc.
Strap? Your belt? 10yrs old? Yes, you will probably see a bit more speed with a new belt -- because it will surely be wider than your 10yr old belt....assuming that you purchased the stock Kymco belt. Aftermarket belts can be a crap-shoot.
Stig

--- End quote ---

Haha Stig I live in Quebec, I happen to speak English, but all the mechanics around here are french so I use the french terms for everything which is partially why I ask questions on here because it becomes difficult to research when I only know the french words for things haha.

crunchyshadow:

--- Quote from: Stig on October 03, 2017, 05:09:25 PM ---46mph seems very good out of 50cc.
Stig

--- End quote ---

But why do you think aftermarket belts can be a crap-shoot?

Also, I realize I have good speed but my friend's scooter which is a super 9 is 50cc and it was made in 2006 before the laws in my province forced scooters to be restricted. My scooter is 2007 so it is inherently restricted. His scooter on the other hand hits minimum 80 km/h and his acceleration and power he gets from his engine is out of this world.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version