Author Topic: Speedometer wiring  (Read 1056 times)

Jimmy B

• View Profile
Speedometer wiring
« on: September 05, 2018, 01:38:46 PM »
Hello everyone. I'm Jim from Florida, US. I recently purchased my bike for $300. It was partially disassembled and with luck and a service manual that I downloaded online I got it running. The only issue I'm having is that I can't figure out where to plug in the speedometer wiring harness. The plug on the harness is female, five pin I believe. The only plug I can find big enough, on the wsiring harness, is also female and six pins. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to ride this bike without knowing if I'm low on fuel or oil pressure is low.

Jimmy B

• View Profile
Re: Speedometer wiring
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 01:43:17 PM »
A little more information. The bike is a 2006, carbureted. I have no idea weather the wiring harness has been changed or if they are different or the fuel injected models or if they changed the wiring harness four different years. Once again, any help would be greatly appreciated because I would really love to ride this bike farther than up and down my street.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 11:47:22 PM »
Are the plug shells capable of fitting together? Many plugs will, by design, have connections missing because the system does not need that many.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Jimmy B

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 09:44:25 AM »
No, they're both female plugs, different size, different shape. I'll take pics when I get home from work today to show you what I'm working with. Thanks.

Jimmy B

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 12:42:10 PM »
 I got a little sidetracked with work in life in general and had to put the bike on pause. Isn't that how it always goes? Well, anyway... Got it figured out. There is a wiring harness that goes between the main wiring harness and the speedometer. Kind of like a jumper. My buddy had it in a box at his house. And I was wrong. The jumper has female ends and the speedometer in main harness are male.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()