Author Topic: 2005 People 150 - Carburetor - Help!!  (Read 2374 times)

Ruffus

• View Profile
Re: 2005 People 150 - Carburetor - Help!!
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2022, 11:32:45 AM »
@Dimi,
1) oilchange, considering your scoots 4000-8000 rpm's compared to a 4-cyl car motor which revvs around 3000-5000 rpm's, having 5 ltrs of oil in it instead of 0,9 like your scoot....
I for example change on liquid cooled scoots every 3000 km. Air cooled every 1500-2000kms.
Stop and Go usage every day asks for more oil changes.

2) Gear oil has some additives which keep its molecule chains under pressure longer stable(simplified). Hypoid oil is light acidly and could destroy your gears oilseals.
Therefor use NON hypoid or normal motor oil in your gear and change (with motor oil) more often.
I use AREXXON 80-90 gear oil. On the other side I have not seen any motorcycle gear broken by using motor oil in it.

3) brake lever, pls see parts diagram
(call your dealer.if you really want an original)
A lot of aftermarket pieces or used assamblies around.
Depends whether you got drum or disc brake on your rear end.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 06:54:40 PM by Ruffus »
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

Dimi_CA

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2022, 02:13:27 AM »
Guys, I cannot thank you all enough. So much great information in this one thread. You guys all rock, will be checking out your rides tonight!

I do have one last question, as you can see there are lights on the body of the scooter that do nothing and lights under the handlebars which act as turn signals. I assume this is some USA law. Has anyone gone through the asian and/or euro conversion to delete the handlebar lights and get the body lights working?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 02:26:14 AM by Dimi_CA »
2005 People 150!

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2022, 04:05:15 PM »
happy to help, it's fun sharing some scoot knowledge with others!

Regarding your question about the turn signals..yes, it's a US regulation change, something about the distance between or placement of turn signal lights that the world / European standards differ from ours, resulting in add on front signals.

Depends on bike but some have just added a bulb where the bulb was deleted to get the dummy lights working. On my S200 I couldn't just add a bulb as mine come with built in leds in the turn signal housing. I took the easy way out and went to Ebay UK and bought a pair of used indicator lights and wired them up as running lights on my scoot. I powered them from the wire that was powering my underseat lighter socket. I put an inline fuse on that wire, ran it to a distribution block up front and then ran 2 wires off that to each of the front lights.

I didn't delete my US spec turn signals, I kept those and used the European signals as my running lights. I love the look.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

Dimi_CA

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2022, 05:28:08 PM »
happy to help, it's fun sharing some scoot knowledge with others!

Regarding your question about the turn signals..yes, it's a US regulation change, something about the distance between or placement of turn signal lights that the world / European standards differ from ours, resulting in add on front signals.

Depends on bike but some have just added a bulb where the bulb was deleted to get the dummy lights working. On my S200 I couldn't just add a bulb as mine come with built in leds in the turn signal housing. I took the easy way out and went to Ebay UK and bought a pair of used indicator lights and wired them up as running lights on my scoot. I powered them from the wire that was powering my underseat lighter socket. I put an inline fuse on that wire, ran it to a distribution block up front and then ran 2 wires off that to each of the front lights.

I didn't delete my US spec turn signals, I kept those and used the European signals as my running lights. I love the look.

What a great idea. Looks sweet!
2005 People 150!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()