Author Topic: Just purchased Like 50 2T, looking to MOD OUT!  (Read 18852 times)

Psuffix

• View Profile
Re: Just purchased Like 50 2T, looking to MOD OUT!
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2012, 12:51:02 AM »
Well, uh, this is awkward. Kill switch was on  :-\

Glad it was so so simple, though!

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2012, 12:55:52 AM »
 :D :D :D

It happens. Glad it was simple  :)
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

wassonii

• Death needs Time for what it kills to grow in -wsb
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2012, 01:18:23 AM »
It happens to everyone. Very glad that was all!
sans scooter, rien

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2012, 06:43:57 PM »
Asshole!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  That will be 40.00 please. Donate it to the "Unwanted Ginger League"
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Psuffix

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2012, 11:15:50 PM »
So, quite the long shopping list I have here. After reading all that's been said by wassonii and all you other guys, I've decided to include the intake manifold and 19mm carb as part of it. My only real concern, with all this, is that it's going to be too much to handle for a newbie. Setting up a carb from scratch with a new exhaust seems like quite the endeavor, so that'll be first. I have to have correct needle and jets, and so many little pieces and parts to make sure are correct... for someone who really hasn't personally done a ton of mechanical work, it seems like a lot. Also I've read most mopeds need a new throttle assembly to properly operate an aftermarket carb... one more thing to get.

Anyway, I'm ordering a LONG list of parts tomorrow afternoon so they'll arrive in a couple of weeks (including intake manifold and spacer wassonii linked and seemingly a million other little items), then I'm taking a week off of work for a little vacation time at home 'cause I need it, but mainly so I have plenty of time to work on the scoot and install each part piecemeal. I'm not really concerned about the money I'll have to spend on this, but I am concerned about actually getting it to run correctly, not killing it in the process, and getting all the parts I need in one or two orders. The carb is most disconcerting. How serious is it going to be if I start it up with the wrong needle, for example? Should I go ahead and order multiple needles, along with the jets? Also, like I said, money isn't really an issue for this (I saved so much buying slightly used that I'm waaaay under budget), so I'm considering the Leo Vince ZX-R rather than the Tecnigas Next R or LV TT. I've read the performance difference is worth it, but I'd rather ask the experts first.

SO MANY PARTS TO CONSIDER, SO LITTLE TIME!   :D

wassonii

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2012, 11:33:56 PM »
Check around the forum to see what jet set-up others are using with that pipe. I would think that a main jet selection from 88 or 90 - 110 would be a good kit with which to start. I know that Zombie has recommended a selection of needles in another thread.
Dellorto Links:
http://www.thisoldtractor.com/gtbender/mg_manuals/dellorto_manual.pdf
http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Dellorto
http://www.thisoldtractor.com/gtbender/dellorto_slide_needle.htm#gtb_slide_needle_specifications_for__phbg_motorcycle_carburetors_-w_slides-

One step at a time and you will be fine. Now I am jelly:)
sans scooter, rien

wassonii

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2012, 11:39:44 PM »
Forgive me if I have repeated myself in any of those links. You absolutely can do this. Make sure you have some good tools on hand and blue loctite. The world is your oyster with them. And rags.
sans scooter, rien

Psuffix

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2012, 12:55:44 AM »
Don't even worry about repeating yourself. While I have seen most of what you linked, I'll be rereading again and again, and thisoldtractor.com's is the one I haven't seen. More info is always better! Thanks again!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 01:18:32 AM by Psuffix »

Psuffix

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2012, 03:29:14 AM »
The one thing I can't seem to find is a 19mm plug kit, like this only bigger http://www.racingplanetusa.com/carburetor-mounting-dellorto-carburetor-plug-mounting-p-448-1.html?cPath=2_26378_26380&sessID=8daad231bd2b7945f800b06bc850e5ad

... any advice? I think the 19mm Malossi carb kit would come with everything I need, but I'm not sure. I feel like it's missing a couple key parts for that aftermarket intake manifold. Racingplanet is out of it anyway, but I'm looking around the web.

http://www.racingplanetusa.com/carburetor-malossi-phbg-19mm-kymco-sf10-p-314-1.html?cPath=2_26378_26380&sessID=8daad231bd2b7945f800b06bc850e5ad

EDIT: I'm sure with some parts from Ace Hardware or Lowe's I could make the plug mount, anyway.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 06:35:17 AM by Psuffix »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2012, 06:58:52 AM »
Where is the vacuum port for the fuel tank located on your bike? I ask because the Delorto may not have one in that "plug". You may have to get the one that fits the ZX50 instead. As for needles you really don't HAVE to get a set but if you like things to work their best they make a big difference. The best advice I can give is start HUGE on jets, and work down. Get a set from 140-120 to start. You will wind up with lots of leftovers but it is better than not having the correct one. Yoy may wind up at some random number like 107 but better to spend now, and save later. Also see what your pilot jet is OEM, and get one 2-3 sizes bigger so you have something rich enough to break the engine in on. You will want at least 200 miles of subdued riding (1/2 throttle max) to seat the rings before you even try wot runs.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wassonii

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2012, 08:28:05 AM »
Vac for the carb is on the manifold. OEM pilot jet is 35
sans scooter, rien

wassonii

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2012, 08:58:41 AM »
I had actually written to Steve at Moped Hospital at the end of last week to see if the Motorio manifolds they have are compatible with the Like. He hasn't yet replied.
http://www.mhr-usa.com/intakes/manifolds/motorio-intake-manifolds-for-kymco.html
I am primarily interested to see if the one pictured at center will fit.
sans scooter, rien

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2012, 07:58:19 AM »
Vac for the carb is on the manifold. OEM pilot jet is 35

Get a 37-38 for the new carb. Ask what it comes w/ cause you may get one you want in it.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2012, 08:02:56 AM »
I had actually written to Steve at Moped Hospital at the end of last week to see if the Motorio manifolds they have are compatible with the Like. He hasn't yet replied.
http://www.mhr-usa.com/intakes/manifolds/motorio-intake-manifolds-for-kymco.html
I am primarily interested to see if the one pictured at center will fit.

It's none of those in the link.
This is what you want   http://www.racingplanetusa.com/intake-manifold-20mm-racing-kymco-p-250-1.html?cPath=2_26378_26380&sessID=d52f2f8abc8a67d92c87650c279491ff

Psuffix

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2012, 08:09:16 PM »
Yeah zombie, that's the intake manifold I'm ordering.

When you're saying to take it easy at 1/2 throttle for 200 miles or so, you mean after I get the new carb and pipe? I'm at almost 700 miles now, thought I'd be broken in by this time, but do you recommend that because the pipe will be pushing the engine so much more?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()