Author Topic: OEM Parts Inquiry  (Read 1556 times)

manimal

• 2013 Super 8 150
    • View Profile
OEM Parts Inquiry
« on: October 20, 2014, 02:53:13 PM »
Dang It! Looks like I need to replace my "Meter Visor". Or in other words, upper wind screen. I had over torqued the bolts, therefore, two of the mounting supports had shattered / broken :( Only two of the 4 mounts are now supporting the visor.

Any case, If any of you had already done your research and or had purchased OEM replacement parts, Which or where offered the best prices, and or shopping experience?

Any links provided are appreciated.

Btw, on an immediate on-line search "Payless PowerSports", I found a replacement. Cost: $34.67 However, there is no listing of color options, so I can only assume it comes in black, correct?
~Daren
California (Nor*Cal)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: OEM Parts Inquiry
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 02:56:24 PM »
Kymco parts monster is the place a lot of people here use. Mention the forum, and see if they will work with you on the price. They are seeing enough traffic from here that it might help.

The color is the same as Henry Fords fav... Black.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

manimal

• 2013 Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 02:53:14 PM »
Thanks, Zombie! You, indeed, are da Man! Significant price difference ($32.94) vs other sites I had browsed.
~Daren
California (Nor*Cal)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 05:12:41 PM »
Glad to hear that. It looks like they may be the new "go to" shop.
Now lets all try to set up a "forum discount" w/ them.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 03:38:24 PM »
I had to replace mine a while back. I just got it though the dealer, so I paid a little extra ($45).
One thing to remember though--
The new one will not come with the rubber grommets and metal washer thing for mounting it. So be sure to save the ones off of your old one! Otherwise, you won't be able to mount the new one.

Duke- 8)
Roxana, IL

Yoda is my spiritual leader.
Vader is my anger management coach!

manimal

• 2013 Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 02:44:56 PM »
I had to replace mine a while back. I just got it though the dealer, so I paid a little extra ($45).
One thing to remember though--
The new one will not come with the rubber grommets and metal washer thing for mounting it. So be sure to save the ones off of your old one! Otherwise, you won't be able to mount the new one.

Duke- 8)

good point, and appreciate the follow up. Not only did I order the visor, but the cosmetic caps / plugs as well, as a "just in case".

By the end of that week of my initial posting, one of the two remaining mounts broke as well, and the 4th showed signs it was on it's way out too, due to all the vibration and bumps.

I couldn't see myself riding around without the visor, so I had done some repair work in the meantime, until I receive my order (up to 3 weeks). So, over the last weekend, I fabb'ed up some metal brackets, prepped the backing of the visor, and JB welded the mounting brackets. So far they're holding up nicely. I plan to remove the visor over the weekend to inspect repair. I'll take some pix and post later.

<post update> I didn't have too much time to make this clean, but does the job none-the-less :p The grommets with metal washer are on the opposite (bolt) side. And fortunately, there is enough surrounding plastic within each bore of the visor to allow the exterior caps to snap in place.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 01:30:25 AM by manimal »
~Daren
California (Nor*Cal)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()