Scooters - 125 to 300 > Movie 150

Where can I get parts?

(1/6) > >>

MarkThomas:
I have a 2013 Movie 150 that I bought when they first came out.  It's a great bike.  The dealer I bought it from stopped dealing Kymco and moved to Vespa.  Now I dont have a place to get parts.  I do all my own wrenching, and have been for 35 years.  The newer Movie 150 seems to be one of those bikes like the 1979 Sportster that is hard to find parts for.  I have been googling around for hours and haven't found a dealer that can sell me an air filter.  Can any of you ladies or gentlemen give me a link to a dealer that has decent prices on parts for my bike.

Much appreciated,
mark

Stig / Major Tom:
Someone might help out with this....failing that, have you tried phoning kymcopartsmonster ?
Might find that the part is the same for another 150.

Stig

Tiny:
The Movie150 has a different engine then the rest of KYMCO's NA Lineup. So its air filter is not compatible/interchangeable with any of the other engines in KYMCO's NA scooters. KYMCOpartsmonster doesn't even list the Movie on it's web page.
The only place other then my local KYMCO shop is this place in the UK  https://picclick.co.uk/Air-filter-BMC-FM713-04-sport-KYMCO-MOVIE-150-302560191969.html
Good luck Mate.

MarkThomas:
Thanks for the try Tiny.  Those filters all appear to be for 2009-2011 Movie 150.  There are a lot of places that carry parts for those years.  Mine is a 2013.  When I bought the bike I was told it has a high performance four valve head motor.  It is a pretty quick scooter.  That's why I bought it.  Apparently not many other people wanted to put out the extra money for extra performance, so there are not many of them around, and not a lot of places bother to carry parts.

I am in San Francisco.  If nobody here knows someplace to get parts online, preferably in the US, probably the smartest thing for me to do is just go to the dealer I bought the bike from and ask the parts guy where I can get parts.  He would probably know.  I was just there yesterday.  I picked up a nail in my rear tire and brought the wheel in to have the tire replaced.  Nobody around here will do a plug/patch any more.  They all say it is for liability issues, so they will only replace the tire.  Dang.  That tire had less than 600 miles on it.  I hadn't even worn off all the little nibs yet.  Such a drag.

Tiny:
Yeah it was pretty expensive for a 150 without FuelInjection. $3900 before taxes here in my neck of the woods. Lucky for me I have a plenty of places for me to get parts for it.  Including the head store for KYMCO Canada right here in Toronto.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version