Author Topic: Loss of mid-range after SA boss drive install - need help!  (Read 836 times)

scsc7211

• View Profile
Hey all,

I have a ZX-50 that I have desrestricted by soldering the green wires on the CDI. I ran the scooter for about a year with the CDI derestriction and an unrestricted boss drive that was installed when the scooter was originally purchased. The scooter had very good pickup all the way to a GPS-indicated top speed of around 38 mph (43 mph indicated on the speedometer).

Last night, I installed a boss drive that I purchased from Scooter Assassins on eBay that is slightly (~2 mm shorter than the other derestricted boss drive). I have noticed that my top speed has increased, especially downhill to about 48 mph indicated, but I have lost much of the midrange power from about 25-40 mph.

Would this be expected by installing a shorter smooth boss drive? Also, is there anything else I could change to recover some of the mid-range punch that was lost? (Variator/weights/carb jet) Otherwise, should I just return it to the old boss drive?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()