Author Topic: Long term reliability and comments..?  (Read 8848 times)

LS650

• View Profile
Long term reliability and comments..?
« on: June 02, 2009, 05:55:25 PM »
Good day...
I have been riding street motorcycles since 1992.  I prefer riding small, light bikes in the 250c to 400cc range, and currently own a Ninja 250.
I am thinking of buying another motorcycle, and the Venox 250 really appeals to me for a variety of reasons.  I do have a few concerns, however:

The Venox has been sold since, what, 2003?  It's been out several years, and I'm curious to know how the reliability is over a few years and miles.  I can find plenty of reviews but the comments are just short-term. 

It would be great to read some details from folks who have put 10,000, 20,000, 30,000 miles on their Venoxes so I know how they hold up over a long time.

Thanks for any comments you can offer!

LS650

• View Profile
Re: Long term reliability and comments..?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 01:41:50 PM »
34 views and not one comment..?   ??? 

I did some searching around on the Internet and found a rental company in New Zealand that rents out a Venox 250 in its fleet of bikes.  I wrote them an email and asked them if they had any comments on the bike:
We have 7000kms on our one (Venox 250) and has proved very reliable. We have sold around 6 in NZ. You can buy one with confidence as Kymco are not a small company and back their product well. The biggest comments we get from customers is how easy they are to ride. Also they get lots of comments about the bikes looks.
As far as long term goes we heard of no major or minor faults for the bike. They are like anything mechanical you do need to keep up with regular oil changes etc. We do our changes at 4000kms and service every 6 months. Which is sooner than the intervals say.
Good luck with looking.
Sounds good - but 7000 KMs is not very many miles.  That's how much I ride in just one or two years.

I'd really like to hear from people who have put at least 20,000 on their Venox...

obxbiker

• ADMIN/SITE BUILDER @ www.piwyr.co.cc
    • View Profile
    • ADMIN/SITE BUILDER
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 08:17:49 PM »
I have two Venoxes.

One a total custom ''OBnoXious'' Venox that is a 2004 (got in 2003, now have over 50,000km's.
The other more of a 'bagger' 'YelloNox' that is a 2006 (got in 2005, now have over 55,000km's.

Have had ZERO major issues and only small self  inflicted ones.

Also the Venox uses a ton of the same parts as the Honda Magna 250 / VTR250 which was around from the beginning of the 90's till Kymco released the Venox in 2002 due to the change of laws in Taiwan allowing bikes over 150cc at that time.
Kymco was started by Honda in 1963 and making them a major 'inhouse' supplier. When Honda pulled out the company was split in to two co.'s
Kymco and SYM's

Lots more long term owners @ http://piwyr.co.cc

KYMCO FORUMS @piwyr.co.cc
Venox info @ www.piwyr.co.cc

2003 (3) Super9 LC's heavly modified........

2004 Modified Venox ''OBnoXious Nox'' ......

2006 ''Yellow NOX''.......

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 10:55:19 PM »
I have two Venoxes.

One a total custom ''OBnoXious'' Venox that is a 2004 (got in 2003, now have over 50,000km's.
The other more of a 'bagger' 'YelloNox' that is a 2006 (got in 2005, now have over 55,000km's.

Have had ZERO major issues and only small self  inflicted ones.

Also the Venox uses a ton of the same parts as the Honda Magna 250 / VTR250 which was around from the beginning of the 90's till Kymco released the Venox in 2002 due to the change of laws in Taiwan allowing bikes over 150cc at that time.
Kymco was started by Honda in 1963 and making them a major 'inhouse' supplier. When Honda pulled out the company was split in to two co.'s
Kymco and SYM's

Lots more long term owners @ http://piwyr.co.cc

KYMCO FORUMS @piwyr.co.cc

Today spoke with a friend, he has Cobra 50 from 1998 with factory brake pads and belt!
He had the belt inspected and there was no need to replace it.
The scooter has 26.000 kms on it.

The only things he replaced over the years are 5-6 spark plugs and several sets of roller weights. :)

I have Agility 125 with 10.000 kms, the only faulty thing so far was the ignition switch that malfunctioned around 6.000 kms and was replaced under warranty.

People 250 S with 3.300 kms, everything fine so far.

Yet, I had also Cobra 50 2T in the past (from year 2000) with a sluggish engine and this issue was never resolved.
Interestingly, the scooter was sold in 2003 and still happily drives around the city serving the new owner.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

adri

• View Profile
    • Motorcycle News, Reviews, Events, Roads, and Rides
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 11:52:14 PM »
Hey there.

I bought a Venox at the beginning of the season. I was planning to put on about 15,000 km... unfortunately I missed a lot of time recovering from an operation (non-motorcycle related) and dealing with family stuff. I only ended up putting 11,000 km on the Venox. During this time however the bike has been absolutely fine. I had one small problem (leaky fork seal). She also once died for a while... and started back up later... it was likely just a loose connection to the battery. I haven't had that problem repeat itself.

I posted a review of the first 10,000 km here: http://ourlittleadventures.com/KYMCO-Venox-10000-km-review.html
I posted a thread about it where you can leave your comments (if you'd like, I'd appreciate it), here: http://kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=1445.0

Paperkrain

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 04:47:06 AM »
Hey, how do you open the seat to access the battery?

Thanks in advance :)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()