Author Topic: Fuel Tank Protectors  (Read 1606 times)

Paperkrain

• View Profile
Fuel Tank Protectors
« on: June 25, 2012, 05:48:08 AM »
Hi Guys,

Here's a few pictures of my new fuel tank protectors - it started to get scratches so I decided to get one of these :)

If you put one on your Venox, post a few pictures here :)  I had trouble choosing which designs; there's a huge variety from carbon fibre to the Australian flag ;D but I ended up choosing a clear coat with a little white/silver to match the chrome and my jacket.

Paperkrain

• View Profile
Re: Fuel Tank Protectors
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 05:48:21 AM »
if you want to know how to post pictures - here's the steps:

1. Take a picture and save it on your computer

2. Go to a free picture hosting website such as http://imageshack.us/

3. Follow the directions and upload your picture. (note: by default these pictures are public; you can change it to private so you have the choice who can see them - such as this forum)

4. Copy the ALL text on the right of the 'Forum Code' (highlighted in this picture below) the URL=http://etc etc etc (including all the brackets)

5. Paste this in the forums :)

Paperkrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 12:26:57 AM »
Looks good against the black J.B.  Have you had the first service yet and sorted those little niggles out ? She'll run even better as she gets a few k's on and loosens up. The weather's turning good up here today, just in time for the weekend and the little pony is primed and just itchin' for a run. So what can I say man, except  "keep on cruizin"  and ride safe.

Regards, Hairy Bob,

Hey Bob,
The service was meant to be last week - I expected to do 1000km, but because of the crappy weather I didn't reach the kilometers, so I postponed my 1000km service to this Friday :)

What did you use to get the writing off the back of the seat ?

I used nail polish remover, it's like $2 or something. Using a cotton ball, I put only a few drops on it and rubbed it off. Be careful not to spill or touch the pain on the bike :)  Once the 'white kymco paint' came off, I washed the seat with car wash and rinsed off with water : but since I went that far I ended up washing the whole bike  ;D

« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 12:30:58 AM by Paperkrain »

Paperkrain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 10:55:57 AM »
What did you use to get the writing off the back of the seat ?

Hey Bob,

Did you manage to get your white 'Kymco' paint off the backseat?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()