Author Topic: Do I have a Lemon?  (Read 1624 times)

CamaroMan79

• View Profile
Do I have a Lemon?
« on: August 22, 2011, 12:10:47 AM »
I bought a new 2009 Agility in November of last year with a 2yr warranty. All was good (other than the speedo being off by about 8mph) until I got around 1500km on it. Since then it rides VERY rough and has bad vibration in it especially at higher speeds. I have had 2 different dealers take apart and inspect the front shocks, because they are very noisey and do not cushion worth a **** since around 1500km.  Both dealers say they cant find anything wrong with them and tell me that its safe to ride.  The rear of the scooter seems to ride just as rough as the front.

Also on 2 seperate occasions, I have filled my tank up, rode the scooter around, parked it and came out an hour later and had the scooter not start. The first time I decided to syphon gas out of the tank and replace it. This last time I got the scooter to start with the airbox and cleaner off but I was running very rough. I managed to get it home but it was popping through the exahsut the whole time. I parked it at home and started it up the next day and it ran fine as can be. Im not sure whats going on there. Not sure if its just bad gas im getting (bought the gas at two different stations) or if its an engine problem.  I also notice that it is hard to start after it has been parked for an hour or two when its hot out and its sitting in the sun.

The Newest problem:

A couple days ago the scooter started slipping. I take off from a stop and i almsot have to peg the throttle out for it to get going a decent speed. Once i get up to about 20 I can back off the throttle and it accelerates fine.  Could there be a broken rib on the belt or something? This scooter has 2350km on it now.

I am VERY unhappy with this scooter. Everyone told me that Kymco made a good product, so I bought one.

I would be happy if Kymco would by it back from me or offer me a new scooter/cash trade type of deal, but I doubt they would do that.

I am to the point now that I dont even ride it because it is so sketchy/uncomfortable to ride. I am financing this thing and still owe $860 on it.

juice

• View Profile
Re: Do I have a Lemon?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 12:18:59 AM »
Trade it in on a Honda . Good luck .

marioG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 05:01:09 AM »
sometimes scoot just sucks.....also i think that scoot was laying around for at least 6-10 months....

I have had 2 different dealers take apart and inspect the front shocks, because they are very noisey and do not cushion worth - had same problem, no oil in left one -  nada.....
popping through the exahsut the whole time - need to  clean carb from water....or something else in carb....
A couple days ago the scooter started slipping - sometimes e-chocke/idle motor gives problem...e means that it got his own mind.... ;)

go to an open road and drive it to the max for 10 miles, pedal to the metal.....dont go far from service dealer.. ;)

some girlfriends are just pain in the ass at the beggining....its called breaking in....
FUBAR is an acronym that commonly means "f***ed up beyond all recognition/any repair".

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 11:30:08 AM »
I think your dealer messed something up, or the scoot was not assembled properly
in the first place. Either that, or it's a lemon, but I seriously doubt that.

I got my Agility last year with 2900km on the ODO, and today it has almost 19.000km,
ridden on snow, multiple rain days, whole winter, no issues at all. Full tank of gas lasts
about 2 days for me.. :)
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

bthmtech

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 01:23:26 AM »
Man it sounds like your dealer  did not PDI your bike, I have an 09 also [bought new] I love my bike and I think most owners would say the samething.IS the bike still under warrenty?If it is i would take it back to dealer and raise holly hell          bryan

2010Iron883

• My 2010 Iron 883
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 10:57:52 PM »
I dont think the belt has anything to do with your problem. It sounds like the clutch or the variator is slipping on the crank shaft. check the nut that holds the variator fan and everything together. you will have to remove the cvt cover. If you take that nut off make sure you reachn over to the clutch and release the tension on the belt. This will make everything to where you can slide it back togetehr all the way back to the drive plate. Do f$#@ up like i did

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()