Author Topic: Bogs down at about 35 mph  (Read 167 times)

CBonafide

• View Profile
Bogs down at about 35 mph
« on: May 06, 2024, 08:43:29 PM »
Hello,
Recently my agility 125 dropped out while riding. It starts, idles fine, but when I give it a turn of the throttle it bogs down and chokes. I thought it might be the CDI but I had a new spare and tried it and nothing changed. It runs smooth if I feather it up to 30-35 mph then it bogs down. I cannot detect any type of vacuum leak either. Gas is clean, got a new plug wire, new CDI, anybody got any idea?

Ruffus

• View Profile
Re: Bogs down at about 35 mph
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2024, 08:54:54 AM »
-open fuel tap
-you might look into your carb whether all passages are clear
-check vacuum fuel pump and hoses for demage and functionality/tight fit
-Inspect this diaphragm in your carb for tiny holes in it
-take the airfilter out to see if clogged
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 08:56:31 AM by Ruffus »
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
Re: Bogs down at about 35 mph
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2024, 09:18:41 AM »
Hello,
Recently my agility 125 dropped out while riding. It starts, idles fine, but when I give it a turn of the throttle it bogs down and chokes. I thought it might be the CDI but I had a new spare and tried it and nothing changed. It runs smooth if I feather it up to 30-35 mph then it bogs down. I cannot detect any type of vacuum leak either. Gas is clean, got a new plug wire, new CDI, anybody got any idea?
Don't know if this is useful, but an old stator will cause your motor to repeatedly "bog down" at constant cruise speed. Just slightly, but enough to be annoying. You'll need a flywheel puller to get at the stator to change it. Takes about an hour to do the change.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 09:24:06 AM by JJJoseph »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()