Author Topic: anyone used Bando DBKYLLJB drive belt  (Read 1560 times)

ifican

• View Profile
anyone used Bando DBKYLLJB drive belt
« on: December 13, 2015, 11:10:01 PM »
Need your collective knowledge. Have always used kymco oem but recently at least for my area kymco changed shipping policy and even local stores want 25 shipping just for a belt. So that has gotten me on my way to find alternatives. The above belt cross references with oem part number 23100-LLJ3-E00. However it just feels a bit small, it wraps the clutch and with a little effort does pull across the variator post though not as comfortable as i previously remember and just feels a bit snug. Just looking to see if anyone has used this belt on their s250?

ifican

• View Profile
Re: anyone used Bando DBKYLLJB drive belt
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 04:55:54 AM »
So i had also ordered an oem belt as well to be safe. That belt arrived today and i matched them up, which they did nicely. I have since installed it and seems like its going to work out well. We will see how it lasts as i only ran it around the block a few times but worked well. Will report back if anything goes awry in short order. Otherwise consider the belt a win........

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 11:54:46 AM »
Price comparison of the two belts?
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

ifican

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 04:06:09 PM »
On the surface it looks like it costs more. OEM is 60 plus 22 shipping (this is my complaint). The bando belt is also japanese made and retails for 69-71 however you can search around and find it for as low as 61 including shipping. I tried a well recommended gates belt that fell apart on me in 10 miles, i like options so thats ultimately the search. I know most are trying to save money i am too but its not the number one driving factor.

I side thought, this particular belt says 250 and you need the JB1 for s250. Upon digging around calling a few shops and kymco themselves the only difference between the two is this one is 976mm and the JB1 is 977mm. Since the cost of the JB1 is a bit more i figured I'd give it a try, 1mm is so small i figured it wouldnt make a difference.

hypophthalmus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 10:36:26 PM »
I got a belt here:
http://www.epfguzzi.com/kymcobiz/parts/scooter_transmission.html

It appears to be $65 after shipping for me.
I recall them having good prices for air filters too.

ifican

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 04:41:48 AM »
When it shows up let me know who made it, how it fits and put a few miles on it.

hypophthalmus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2015, 03:50:48 PM »
I ordered it some months ago when it was time to check my belt, still haven't needed it though. But I received a Kymco OEM belt.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()