Author Topic: 450i availability  (Read 1171 times)

Bratman2

• View Profile
450i availability
« on: June 03, 2021, 12:53:44 PM »
After debating for some time about adding a side by side (a 450 of course) it seems there is none to be had. I know a dealer or two is on these forums so I was just wondering if anyone has a rough idea when they may be restocked? What happened to all of them?
2019 UXV 700i LE Hunter
2014 MXU 450i
2004 Mongoose 90 (grandson's)
2010 Grizzly 450

pa-outdoorsman

• Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
Re: 450i availability
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 02:45:10 PM »
The powersports market is white hot right now due to the pandemic, as many folks have re-deployed discretionary funds that may have been spent on travel in the past on other recreational items that can be enjoyed closer to home. Motorcycles, off-road machines, boats, RVs, campers, etc. have all experienced exploding sales over the past 15 months, and combined with supply-chain disruptions caused by the pandemic, it has resulted in extremely tight inventory and higher prices at dealers nationwide.

I just checked with my local dealer, Bloomsburg Powersports in PA, and they have EXACTLY ONE side-by-side in stock. It's a Kawasaki Teryx for $18,000. They normally carry two or three new UXV 450s each year, but obviously are sold out of what they had and who knows when they'll get any more units in. From what I can tell based on posts on this forum and elsewhere, dealers of all brands (Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Kymco, etc.) don't necessarily have any better idea about when they are getting new machines than you do as a customer.

My advice, if you REALLY want a machine for the 2021 riding season, is this: conduct a nationwide search on ATV Trader and find the nearest in-stock units to you. Negotiate a price online or over the phone and load up your trailer and go get it, or pay to have the unit delivered to your home. That's about the only way to guarantee you will get your hands on machine this year, because I've seen lots and lots of posts from people who put deposits down on units "on order" from the manufacturers who have been waiting months and months with no real idea when they finally get what they've paid for.

Good luck, and let us know how you make out!
2018 Kymco UXV 450i
2021 Honda ADV 150

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 04:54:55 PM »
Join the club, as many have come to realize, this govt bailout has put excess money in peoples pockets and it is being spent on toys and recreation.  Whether jet skies, atv, utv everything is gone!  A local dealer sold 400 atv/utv in a 2 month period with folks using their 1400 and 2800 stimulus checks as downpayments!!  Factories have been slowed way down and imports severly restricted.  Be prepared to pay handsomely if you want a toy now!  Another dealer requires your ordered machine to sit on his showroom floor for 6 days or pay an extra 500 dollars so he has something to show customers when they come in...another dealer has employees store their toys in the dealers showroom so customers have something to look at when they come in.
If you can wait, I would until this madness ends. Otherwise be prepared to do as PA suggested in his post.

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2021, 07:19:30 PM »
I stopped in at my local dealer to make an appointment for service yesterday, I have NEVER seen their showroom so sparse in the 20+ years they have been in business, a multi brand dealer, they have mostly used units, manufacturers aren't shipping parts, they are not shipping new units, my local dealer is offering big $$ to buy used units, everything from sleds to watercraft, atvs, SxSs, and bikes,  I joked when I went into the showroom, I said
: What is this, social distancing ? because everything they had was spaced at least 6ft apart, and placing lengthwise  instead of perpendicular, and cramming 6-8 units in the same space 
RandyO
IBA#9560

pa-outdoorsman

• Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2021, 07:51:19 PM »
And to think I got such a sweet price plus a three-year extended warranty as a sales incentive when I bought my "leftover" 2018 back in March of 2019. My how times have changed!

2018 Kymco UXV 450i
2021 Honda ADV 150

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2021, 09:36:24 PM »
a they didn't have any new UTVs, only a used Polaris Ranger, and a used Cub Cadet, the Cub Cadet, is a nice machine, never seen one before
RandyO
IBA#9560

Bratman2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2021, 12:34:02 AM »
Guess I will just wait until next year then. Like Pa-outdoorsman I got a very good deal on my 2014 MXU 450i leftover in 2015. Dealer was just a few hours away in VA. from me. They made it well worth the drive at that time. I have two 450 ATVs, a Yamaha and the Kymco to ride. Just me and the wife are getting no younger and thought a side by side would be nice. Could even ride some of the younger grandchildren too.
2019 UXV 700i LE Hunter
2014 MXU 450i
2004 Mongoose 90 (grandson's)
2010 Grizzly 450

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2021, 12:51:47 AM »
I acquired my 2015 450i in late summer 2015, got a smokin deal, bartered an even swap for a survey job that woulda billed out at $6500, my actual cost was between $1500-$2000
RandyO
IBA#9560

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()