Author Topic: Downtown Top Case  (Read 5509 times)

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
Re: Downtown Top Case
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2013, 02:21:36 AM »
I have a Shad 45 liter (flat black) mounted to mt DT300. Had the shop mount it for me, as I couldn't seem to figure out how to mount the support bars that came with mounting kit. Shop mounted it WITHOUT support bars ( they couldn't figure them out, either) and it looks good/has more weight support (mounted directly to frame under pillion handles) & has backrest on case.

I,also, have a GIVI tunnel bag that has a map pocket on top ( used to put GPS in there until I found a waterproof handlebar mount) and I get a lot of questions, now, as to whether it is a "regular" motorcycle ( no longer a true 'step-through like it was ) .
Guy stopped to talk to me the other day and is thinking he wants to get rid of his Harley Sporster and get a DT300!
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

Rbt Jean

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 02:39:14 PM »
Here is my post on that subject with pictures for you to look at.

http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=8930.msg96442#msg96442

Is that the 42l top box?

mnpugdog

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2013, 03:39:10 PM »
It is a 46 L box.

Rbt Jean

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 05:52:56 PM »
That's a lot of space for extras.

mnpugdog

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2013, 06:12:19 PM »
4 plastic grocery bags full or 2 12 packs and 2 bags or...

8eeman77

• Work hard, ride safe
  • I'm a scooter loving Apiarist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2013, 01:36:19 PM »
Kymco make a matching top case for the DT 300, that's your best bet. I have one & it's great. Just pop into your nearest Kymco dealer to order one. Easy
The Kymco DT 300i ABS is the best scooter you can get. I love it's carefree automatic ride. I would like to see kymco make a 600cc version but no heavier then the 300. I would buy it for sure

8eeman77

• Work hard, ride safe
  • I'm a scooter loving Apiarist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2013, 03:12:03 PM »
In my book, choosing a top case is an easy choice. Kymco makes an excellent top case, just contact your local Kymco dealer and they will set you up with one. Mine fits a full face helmet & more. It also has a soft built in back rest in case your transporting a pillion passenger. Locks with key.
The Kymco DT 300i ABS is the best scooter you can get. I love it's carefree automatic ride. I would like to see kymco make a 600cc version but no heavier then the 300. I would buy it for sure

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()