Author Topic: Top speed for an S 200  (Read 30171 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Top speed for an S 200
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2012, 10:49:59 PM »
"Per a scoot review mag. there is a 7% error on the speedo towards the high side."
 All kymco's have that in common
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2012, 12:08:55 AM »
"Per a scoot review mag. there is a 7% error on the speedo towards the high side."
 All kymco's have that in common
My Yager is right on by GPS.  65 MPH was 64 on GPS.  I had a little throttle left but no road.  Pretty accurate I'd say.
UPDATE; When I crossed 1000 miles, there was an obvious change in the engine speed.  At the same time I switched to syn oil.  I was on the super slab about a week ago.  I was over the red line but for a short time I hit 75 miles per hour.  I red line at 65 mph but sometimes I go over it.  Does anyone else go over the red line and for how long?  I don't want to blow the engine. 

Richard L.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 03:16:02 PM by fshfindr »
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2012, 12:21:06 AM »
Per a scoot review mag. there is a 7% error on the speedo towards the high side."

MOST Kymcos have that in common
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

KScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2012, 12:55:01 PM »
Howdy,

I'm currently scooterless. The S200 appears to be an attractive candidate for my next scoot; hopefully I'll get one this Summer, finances permitting.
 I'm a few pounds past 250 and want a simple, reliable scoot for urban commuting and errands. My last scoot was a peppy 125cc Daelim which could get up to 60 mph! I also enjoyed employing it as a 2 wheeled truck; that is, It was good for groceries.
 My nearest Kymco dealers are 60 and 75 miles away, respectively. I wonder if 55 mph would be realistically possible for a 265 lb. rider?

Eggman

i weigh 250 plus 10 for clothing, helmets etc. I have a full size windshield. I can do a real 55 mph (on the speedo) against the wind and up to 10 more (on the speedo) with the wind.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2012, 11:10:17 PM »
I had my s200 out and on a half mile run hit a speedo top speed of 57MPH with a 7% over statement that figures to be about 53 MPH. I'm 175 lbs. and have a full wind screen.

It may have run a bit faster with a longer run but it didn't seem to have much if anything left in her.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2012, 11:14:47 PM »
top speed of 57MPH with a 7% over statement that figures to be about 53 MPH

...wowww....i run faster than that on my super9....

;D :o ;D
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2012, 06:00:07 AM »
We tune tho... Others just enjoy.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2012, 07:08:14 PM »
Had my scoot out on the hjighway for about a 1 mile run on Tuesday. Got her up to a tick under 60 on the speedo so my best guess is 55 MPH. She sounds stressed at WOT though, I backed off a couple of MPH and she felt very comfortable (sounded).

This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2012, 11:23:04 PM »
I owned a 2006 Kymco People S200 for 3 years (never should have sold her) Bought a Suzuki TU-250X motorcycle & I just sold her to my dealer (in-trade) for a Kymco GT300i. The S200 was a real gem of a scoot! I did all the maintenance myself (so easy) Plus...I'm not mechanically inclined  @ all! But...At the time I was about 200 lbs., now it's 6 years later & I tweaked my knee & put on an additional 30 lbs. So..Yes...I'm a semi-fatso now (need to shed it) Anyway.... The GT300i felt like the right scoot for me @ this point in my life.

The People S200 was/is a great scooter for the coin! Does anyone know that today Kmyco only makes 5 models for the USA market that is still built in Taiwan? Yup.....That is the truth! Everything else is built in China. I'm not saying it's the worst thing...but I rather have a scoot made in Taiwan, then China. Just my 2 cents worth!

BYW...I got up to 63mph (GPS clocked) on my S200 @ the time & at 200 lbs.! For what it's worth!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 11:26:30 PM by MassScoot »
Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2012, 10:29:08 PM »
BYW...I got up to 63mph (GPS clocked) on my S200 @ the time & at 200 lbs.! For what it's worth!

You just rang my bell, I now have put one complete thought together. I have the 12V socket under the seat and my wife has a GPS in her car, I'll have to barrow it one day for an accurate reading. Duh!!!!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2012, 09:43:41 PM »
..yup..most of the 50cc scoots are at least 5mph optimistic..
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

BadScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2012, 01:19:07 AM »
I have a 2009 and I can get up to 55-60 without much of a problem. Never pushed her past that. I got this bike last year after driving one of those cheap Chinese bikes. I feel like I bought a Cadillac after driving those other bikes. Sometimes I have no idea how fast I am going until I look down.  I don't think I want to go much faster on such a light bike.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()