Author Topic: GIVI E30? or other luggage cases?  (Read 3575 times)

awdwill

• View Profile
GIVI E30? or other luggage cases?
« on: July 25, 2010, 02:17:22 AM »
anyone has GIVI E30 (E30N) on People S 200? Does it fit well? Does it actually accommodate a full-face helmet well? If not, any suggestion on hard cases for People S 200?

art

• View Profile
Re: GIVI E30? or other luggage cases?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 04:40:26 AM »
Givi makes a great case I have the next one up i think(the removible one) little pricey but can get a full hemet and a case of beer in there if youd like mayby a 1/2 helmet too. No problems with it so far. the lock set takes some getting used to but thats about it. If you can find a sale I don't think you will be disapointed
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 04:42:13 AM »
..i gotta rack and some bungee cords...

..oh, and a milk crate!!

:o
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

awdwill

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 05:09:37 PM »
Givi makes a great case I have the next one up i think(the removible one) little pricey but can get a full hemet and a case of beer in there if youd like mayby a 1/2 helmet too. No problems with it so far. the lock set takes some getting used to but thats about it. If you can find a sale I don't think you will be disapointed

thanks! do you know what's the model number?

art

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 05:27:47 PM »
 It is the givi e450 simply

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 05:38:01 PM »
I have the E450 and I added the brake light kit from Givi and the Admore Lighting LED kit which give running lights and LED brake lights. You can never be too visible on a scooter.

The mount works with no mods to the People S 200, the case does not rattle too much, and it holds a lot of stuff. 

If you don't want to go for the light kit, at least get some good reflective tape and install it behind the lens (you pull a few screws on the inside and the red lens assembly comes out). It is not really a reflector, there is just white paper behind the lens. Put some 3M reflective tape back there and it REALLY lights up at night!

I also have the E30, but I always use the E450. And they don't make the LED kit for the E30, I like having the running lights as well as the brake light.

awdwill

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 06:14:07 PM »
Thanks for the info, guys. I looked up GIVI E450 and really like the aesthetics. How come it's so pricey, though?

How about cheap-ass ones on eBay like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RED-MOTORCYCLE-SCOOTER-TRUNK-TOP-LUGGAGE-CASE-BOX-LARGE-/390203874771?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5ad9f69dd3

This appears to be the same size as GIVI E30 (15"x15"x12")

What do you guys think justify the price difference?

art

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 06:30:17 PM »
There is no justification,It's italian made and they have been in the business for a long time and have a rep.for good quality. I don't know much about the other brands,but all the scoots that i have perchased or ridden with another brand attached seem to be of low quality,they can rattle and or have poorly aligned lids, I did have a shad brand on one that wasn't bad ,Don't know the prices. There is the milk crate option!  ;D 

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 06:54:53 PM »
Some of the cheap ones will fly off at speed. CF Moto comes with a  box, I know of two of them that are laying on the side of the highway someplace.

The brake light kit it really nice. It has a connector that allows you to put the box on and off with no plugs or wires. You sometimes have to pay for quality

MurrayB

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 12:19:08 AM »
I got a Saddlemen hc2900 for my S 200; purchased on line for a very reasonable price.  It looks a bit large on the scooter but can easily hold two full helmets plus a bit more.  I've thought about it and can't figure any other way to make something big on the inside without it also being big on the outside.

The mounting bracket went on quite easily and so far holds the case very securely.  The case locks nicely and the whole thing fits together well.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()