Author Topic: Rev limmiter  (Read 9204 times)

scosgt

• View Profile
Re: Rev limmiter
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 10:12:05 PM »
When you post the way that Art has been posting (and you to some extent, although not as bad) it is very hard to read.

Your comments are not appropriate. I am not trashing anyone. I am asking Art to post in ENGLISH so I can read his posts. This is not trashing anyone.

As far as the bike is concerned, I have that bike. There is no way on the planet earth you can make that bike go 90 MPH on the factory engine and transmission - sure, if you find a way to put a 1200cc H-D engine on it, that will work.

But this is only a 12HP bike, and it is air cooled. It can only rev to a certain level no matter what you do, and as I stated before, I did some tranny changes on mine and it did not help that much. A pipe and air box and jet will squeeze out a few more MPH but at what price? And by price, I mean both the cost of the mods plus the wear on the engine and transmission.

If you want to go 90 MPH you just have to buy a bigger bke.

AND, consider the bike itself. I find it very uncomfortable on the highway. I can get 60 MPH on the flat, but quite frankly it is scary. The bike is lightweight and does not feel that stable at speed. I can't even imagine it at 90 MPH.

As I mentioned I also have the SYM HD 200. It can hold 70 MPH (GPS) with no problem, and it just rides more solid and stable. But I would not personally do 90 MPH on that bike either. It is still only 277 pounds dry weight, compared to a Police H-D that is what, 900 pounds?

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 10:16:07 PM »
Some wordslinger.

More like a word mangler

..that's not trashing??

..screw th' hell outta correct english...i type as i want..

..can't read it?..move on to the next post...

;D
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 10:18:38 PM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2010, 10:17:57 PM »
Grow a sense of humor.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2010, 10:22:01 PM »
..stop complaining...

;)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 10:26:03 PM by wordslinger »

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2010, 10:33:55 PM »
He did the exhaust, air box, jet AND a no limit CDI. He can hit 85 MPH GPS, but only for around 10 minutes then it starts to overheat - the cooling system can not handle it.

..no cvt mods??

..cvt modifications are the key top higher top speeds without working your engine to death...

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2010, 11:12:04 PM »
The SYM comes with 16g rollers (as compared to the 12g in the People S) and the dealers advise not to increase them - the HD is basically set up at the factory for max performance.
He did install sliders recently, but the same 16g, and he advises a bit more acceleration, which makes sense, as sliders are supposed to allow the variator to close up sooner.
The 85 MPH was without any CVT mods at all, but again, there are already 16g rollers in there.
FWIW the Worldwide (non-US) version of the HD comes with 13g rollers, and that is what is stated in the service manual. But the US version comes with 16g. So maybe the US version is set up to go to a higher top speed?

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2010, 11:17:09 PM »
...i'm finding that, on my agility 50, a step up in the length of your drive belt, along with lighter rollers and stiffer torque spring can create a higher top speed, with equal or less rpms than the engine revs to during acceleration...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 11:19:59 PM by wordslinger »

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2010, 11:48:13 PM »
I think that belt choices are VERY limited on the S200, as the belt is proprietary, and is NOT standard GY6.
The usual wisdom is that heavier rollers give more top end, and lighter rollers give better acceleration. But since you also tweaked the clutch springs that might make a difference.

The S200 has pretty good acceleration, so I have found that heavier sliders are not a big problem.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2010, 11:56:22 PM »
..the A50 belt is also of it's own animal...

..standard gy6 50 belts are much shorter..the agility's distance from the engine's output shaft, to the tranny's input shaft is greater than the standard chinese gy6...

..the super fever's belt is the same way...

..many kymco's are seemingly proprietary...

..however, that doesn't mean that you must always USE that length of belt..

..a few millimeters difference in belt length changes everything..

..saw it in my ppl 50 experiments,(tried a 748, and it's too long) and i'm refining the length in my a50...

..the two scoots use the same oem belt...

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2010, 12:00:17 AM »
The problem lies in finding something close.
the SYM also uses a proprietary belt, and there was a shortage in the US. So someone tried a "similar" belt, and it was a total failure. If you could find a belt a few mm longer and the proper width, it would probably work, but it appears there is no such thing available. I think the SY was 919, and the one he found was 906. He got it on, but it was horrible. And the width was off as well.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2010, 12:04:35 AM »
...i tried a 748-18-28...

...it slipped and eventually melted...hadda push it home...

..the 729-18-30 is performing great on my 4-stroke scoot...

..can't wait to try that belt on my 2-stroke...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2010, 12:09:52 AM »
I think the SY was 919, and the one he found was 906.

..can NEVER go shorter...

..especially if it's a 50cc 2-stroke and you've done any other mods...like removing the drive boss restriction...and installing a free-flow air filter and increasing the main jet...

..must go longer...

..ever snapped a kevlar belt??

..it ain't very pretty...

:-\
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 12:43:37 AM by wordslinger »

art

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2010, 12:45:40 AM »
Ha! this used to be such a nice place .For todays results found a longer belt. the mrp  mp-03050k its a hair too long,little belt slap at idle. Not impressed with it just yet,need those weights. There is a rev limiter has been delt with. I still had a bit of a sputter at the 55 to 60 mark. this was beeing caused by a ritch condition do to my upjetting and not opening the air box enouph,walla took the cover off and sputter is gone. Now expieriancing a lean condition Ha! More jets!!!  Overall no more top speed but the throttle responce and 0 to 50 much improved and the motor not working  as hard as it was.  I'm shooting for a realistic 70 to 75 mph top and believe it's possible,we will see.
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2010, 12:49:02 AM »
There is a rev limiter has been delt with.

..do tell!!

..need to get rid of that airbox first........

..start with an open air flow...tune from there...

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2010, 02:02:19 AM »
Ha! this used to be such a nice place .For todays results found a longer belt. the mrp  mp-03050k its a hair too long,little belt slap at idle. Not impressed with it just yet,need those weights. There is a rev limiter has been delt with. I still had a bit of a sputter at the 55 to 60 mark. this was beeing caused by a ritch condition do to my upjetting and not opening the air box enouph,walla took the cover off and sputter is gone. Now expieriancing a lean condition Ha! More jets!!!  Overall no more top speed but the throttle responce and 0 to 50 much improved and the motor not working  as hard as it was.  I'm shooting for a realistic 70 to 75 mph top and believe it's possible,we will see.

OK, so I think you are saying that you caused the power loss. OK, that happens when you start changing things. The weights won't do much, but you might want to go with say 16g sliders, because the 14 don't do a thing for top end. The acceleration on this bike from 15-50 is pretty darn good, so I doubt you did that - but it should allow for the heavier sliders since you don't need to worry about making it a dog.

FWIW, mine hits around 52 pretty quick, then takes a while to build up to 59 or 60, which is the end on level ground. It does, however, hold the speed on mild hills.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()