Author Topic: Rev limmiter  (Read 9202 times)

art

• View Profile
Rev limmiter
« on: July 23, 2010, 03:24:25 AM »
Any one else run into this at a little past 100klh power is cut.Didn't think they limmited these after   150cc + Any one know or am I running into something else here,Works fine if I let off,I do have a couple small mods looking for more(always)
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Rev limmiter
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 03:27:07 AM »
..running the bowl dry??
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 03:35:06 AM »
I think it may have a rev limit CDI, but it should not cut out, just not rev any higher. Mine does not cut out, but 60-61  MPH seems to be the max, and it is really screaming.
you may have a problem with the bike.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 03:47:35 AM »
I thought mayby more on the main,but it was more of a power cut, let off and all is well.hey scosgt  I put a little heavier contra spring and lets it run alot higher with ease was not screaming like before just acted like a restricted 50,didn't think they would do such a thing for a 150 plus,any ideas on how to get around it.Havn't looked for the cdi yet.I think with a set of heavier rollers and the contra this thing will be somthing speciel,If i could disable the rev limmiter if it has one or Bigger jets  ;)

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 04:28:55 PM »
First of all, how about using some punctution and spelling? Your posts are very hard to read.

They put in a rev limiter for a reason. You will blow up your engine.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 05:59:46 PM »
Oh MY!!!Didn't know we had a spelling princess on the sight. Rev limiters are put in for a # of reasons,you may have noticed the speedo goes to 90mph. In this country A 150 cc is legal for freewasy use in many states. Having a bike shut the power down when you need it the most is dangerious. I have worked on allot of kymco's and all have been de- tuned for one reason or another. I'm sure in the rest of the world these bikes are going 120klm as intended.. Me personaly I like a bike to perform to it's best and get the satisfaction of learning from my mistakes. If it blows up it will give me a reason to go inside and learn more. If it's a success or failure I can pass the info on to others that may be interestad. Limits and laws are meant to be pushed in my book at all times.                                       P.S. I did gergitate the 5th grade with Jethro bodine   ;D

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 06:28:51 PM »
Now that's better! I can understand what you said!

IF there is a rev limiter, it will just hold the RPMs to a certain amount, it will not "shut down", that is a whole other matter.

You might want to inquire on the scoot dawg forum, there are a lot of folks there who do all kinds of mods and repairs, and I am certain you will get the right direction to look in from them.

As far as 120 KM, that is 74 MPH (GPS, not Chinometer) and I REALLY don't think the 200S can come close to that.

There is a fellow on the SYM forum who did mods on the HD 200, which hits about that 74 MPH speed out of the box (but water cooled, 4 valve engine with ceramic one piece cylinder and 4 more HP than the People S). He did the exhaust, air box, jet AND a no limit CDI. He can hit 85 MPH GPS, but only for around 10 minutes then it starts to overheat - the cooling system can not handle it.

Being a People S 200 rider, I just don't see anything more than maybe 65 being squeezed out of it. YMMV

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 06:32:05 PM »
By the way, I am not sure what you mean by "as intended". The specs on the bike are 63 MPH top speed, and I have never see it listed higher. Do you have some authority for that statement.

I do know that you can get a bit more speed with heavier rollers, but I put 14g sliders and it did not seem to help much if at all.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 08:55:15 PM »
Oh MY!!!Didn't know we had a spelling princess on the sight.

;D                      :D

:)                         :D

;D           :D

:)              :D                       ;D

..ya'll cracking me up!!!.....

art

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 09:20:47 PM »
 No i do not have  any authorty just 40+ years of bikes as a hobby,most bikes will do the indicated top speed or close to it.
  The 40 mile difference is not normal.
To meet certain standerds in this country they do from time to time set them up to under perform. For instance you would never see a kymco people 50 restricted to the point of being dangerious to meet a moped description  in asia.
  I do this for fun nothing else! Might not be your idea of fun,but this bike will go faster or blow up before i'm done with it.   ;)   :D   ;D.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 09:33:23 PM »
I do this for fun nothing else! Might not be your idea of fun,but this bike will go faster or blow up before i'm done with it.

..'nuff said....

:o

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 09:39:08 PM »
You are another one who seems to need lessons!

Some wordslinger.

More like a word mangler

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 09:41:14 PM »
No i do not have  any authorty just 40+ years of bikes as a hobby,most bikes will do the indicated top speed or close to it.
  The 40 mile difference is not normal.
To meet certain standerds in this country they do from time to time set them up to under perform. For instance you would never see a kymco people 50 restricted to the point of being dangerious to meet a moped description  in asia.
  I do this for fun nothing else! Might not be your idea of fun,but this bike will go faster or blow up before i'm done with it.   ;)   :D   ;D.

Motorcycles maybe. Scooters no way. They always read WAY higher than they go.
But OK, maybe you can go 70 MPH DOWNHILL on a 30 degree hill with a 90 mile per hour tailwind. It's possible I guess

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 09:56:55 PM »
..oh, get off your high horse scos..gt...

..why do you want to talk somebody out of doing something to their own scoot...

..it concerns you not at all!!

..live and let everybody else frikin' (like that?) live!!..

..you don't have to agree with everything anybody does...but why would you trash ppl (there's another)
just because they don't type perfectly, or abbreviate their words...

..some ppl (!) enjoy pushing their scoots to the next level..and that's okay!!

..some ppl (!) are satisfied with their scoots as they are off the showroom floor..that's ok too!!!

..give it a rest.....

peace

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2010, 10:02:00 PM »
You are another one who seems to need lessons!

Some wordslinger.   (fragment..not a complete sentence)

More like a word mangler  (no period and it's just as well, because it was never a complete sentence anyway...)

..reckon nobody is as perfect as they think they are..

..but i really don't care...it's OK!!!

..make mistakes!!..we don't care if you do!!!

???

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()