Author Topic: Other Riders in my area  (Read 809 times)

wkreps

• View Profile
Other Riders in my area
« on: April 09, 2014, 01:11:09 PM »
So now that I have a scooter, I've noticed 2 other scooters on the road already this Spring. This is promising. What would be proper edicate to flag someone down to see if they want to ride sometime?
Wayne

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
Re: Other Riders in my area
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 01:28:31 PM »
   I just got back from vacation in Washington, DC and saw numerous scooters. Unfortunately here in Central New York they seem to be few and far between. I would just wave and if they reply, try to catch up to them and ask. I tried to encourage ALL forum members to include their locations in their forum postings. You may have members who live around the corner from you. I would rather ride with several other folks than go alone all the time. This was never a problem when I had my Harley.
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS   Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable.

Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i ABS

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 03:47:31 PM »
When I'm home in NE Florida its scoots everywhere. When I'm at my place in NJ very few others.

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

joebro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 04:33:40 PM »
I agree with mrmike 100%.
You only live once but if you live right once is all you need.

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
seeing more and more
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 09:35:53 PM »
scooters in my area the last two years or so.
I think this trend will continue as more discover modern scooters and see how well they run.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

JuanJax

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 10:41:39 PM »
When I'm home in NE Florida its scoots everywhere. When I'm at my place in NJ very few others.

Be Big,
AMAC

What part of NE Florida? I'm in OP. Perhaps we should ride.... I see you have Spyder too... I have an RTS and a Like!!!
Juan...

Porkie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 12:09:30 PM »
I have an electronics retail store, right on a "traffic circle" and see mostly the little 50cc scooters with idiots riding them in shorts; flip flops and no helmets.

Sam:)
2014 Polaris Ranger 800 crew cab 4x4
2012 Honda Goldwing Blue
2013 Kymco Xciting RI ABS in gold/ orange
2005 Suzuki Burgman 650 blue metallic
KF6GUW Amateur Extra

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 07:13:00 PM »
So now that I have a scooter, I've noticed 2 other scooters on the road already this Spring. This is promising. What would be proper edicate to flag someone down to see if they want to ride sometime?

Approach them and give them a business card, tell them your trying to organize a group of like minded riders and for them to give you a call if they think they might want to join you.

Make an introduction light and say first ride is set for a lunch at  alocal public place where everyone can afford a bite and you can get to know each other and pass around ideas.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()