Author Topic: need more power for my quads ??  (Read 1257 times)

bism45

• View Profile
need more power for my quads ??
« on: August 24, 2014, 12:53:52 PM »
hi all, i run a small quad tour business and i have 4 x mxu 250 quads, they are all 2005 and have had a good run but i need to put a new lease of life back into them ? i change oil,plugs,tyres and clean carbs of course, and renew chains etc...but is there anything more i can do to restore power into them ? i.e..... new pistons....valves.....belts......any suggestions please ....cheers :)

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: need more power for my quads ??
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 05:18:15 PM »
I have zero experience with the Kymco quads but if the top ends the same as the 250cc scooters the 300cc kit would make a good boost in power and torque.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

souzamoto

• View Profile
Re: need more power for my quads ??
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 12:00:49 AM »
Check the CVT & Belt for wear, replace if necessary.
How many miles or hours on the machines?
If high mileage, i would freshen the top end. Check all the clearances (rings,piston), check the valves, etc.
If your were happy with the power when they were new, if you rebuild them stock, you should be happy again!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()