Author Topic: Sting 50 Build  (Read 5209 times)

19krevs

• Cash Rules Everything Around Me
    • View Profile
Re: Sting 50 Build
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2014, 09:07:58 AM »
Zombie I see why you're so respected on these forums!
Reeds looked okay and it was indeed a vacuum leak (however I don't have a Leak Down tester), it was coming from behind the intake/reed manifold (I could feel it on my hand) so I'm gonna get some new gaskets.

thanks for the help :)

« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 12:13:14 PM by 19krevs »
Kymco YUP 50
-Malossi Sport 70cc
-Arreche 21mm Carb
-Tecnigas Next R

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2014, 09:10:12 PM »
LOL... Respect is the wrong word. There's guys w/ torches that sit across from my house all night every night.

They just can't decide if the guns are loaded, and if the dogs really do bite.  (between you, and me it's :yes, and yes)

Take the manifold off, and using a piece of 100grit emery paper, and a window from the house, Flat file the base in figure 8 patterns. Water or oil will make it a five minute deal. Those aluminum manifolds warp the first time you tighten them.

Also use either OMC Perfect Seal or Indian Shellac as a sealer. NOT RTV type sh**.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

19krevs

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2015, 03:22:30 PM »
Long time no work!

Not going to lie here guys I have neglected this ped for a while, just using as my daily to get around on and thrashing it in residential areas. I got way too cocky over the days, I was so used to gunning it everywhere that I got flashed twice one morning on my way back from my girlfriends (front facing camera so its all good) and got a ticket for rolling through a stop sign that afternoon! $300 and 3 demerits was not fun; broke down on me a week afterwards. The engine still goes hard, I honestly expected the kit to wear out but she's sweet (Reeds are still perfect too what the f*ck?). Turns out the drain (or maintenance) screw on the bottom of the arreche flew off when I was doing 90km/h and I never found it. I'll post pics when my parts come, but you'll understand when you see it, paints all messed up and flaking off, done just under 8500km's now so I decided I'm gonna give her some fresh paint, new filter and all new gaskets/seals.

I think when I last posted on these forums I had stator problems, so I replaced the stator and she did a little better, but I've ordered a new voltage R/R too. Just before she stopped going I installed an aftermarket clutch with some 1500rpm springs and the white torque spring from malossi. Difference wasn't huge but uphills were kinder to me so I'll see what 2000rpm will do on launches.

Bit off topic also- I've had my eye on bigger and better things haha.... ever wonder why I chose this username? well I bought me self a CBR250RR MC22, 1991 model and I've been doing a resto on it, redlines around 19000rpm! (that is no typo) inline 4 cylinder engine with gear driven cams is pure sex. If anyone gives two sh**s heres the build link http://ozcbr250.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1351 but you need to be registered on the forums :\ pissed me off when I tried to show my mates.

Heres how she looks after quite a bit of cosmetic work:

It's nice looking back on these forums and seeing how inexperienced I was.
Watch this space! I'll update this soon when my new parts come from germany.
Kymco YUP 50
-Malossi Sport 70cc
-Arreche 21mm Carb
-Tecnigas Next R

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2015, 11:56:37 PM »
Good to see you back bro!

That 250 sounds like MAD fun. My little brothers would show up w/ a 250 Ninja or the CBR's, and beat the crap out of them for summer fun bikes.

Gear them up, and the 19K is really no joke!!!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2015, 05:45:46 AM »
Long time no work!

Not going to lie here guys I have neglected this ped for a while, just using as my daily to get around on and thrashing it in residential areas. I got way too cocky over the days, I was so used to gunning it everywhere that I got flashed twice one morning on my way back from my girlfriends (front facing camera so its all good) and got a ticket for rolling through a stop sign that afternoon! $300 and 3 demerits was not fun; broke down on me a week afterwards. The engine still goes hard, I honestly expected the kit to wear out but she's sweet (Reeds are still perfect too what the f*ck?). Turns out the drain (or maintenance) screw on the bottom of the arreche flew off when I was doing 90km/h and I never found it. I'll post pics when my parts come, but you'll understand when you see it, paints all messed up and flaking off, done just under 8500km's now so I decided I'm gonna give her some fresh paint, new filter and all new gaskets/seals.

I think when I last posted on these forums I had stator problems, so I replaced the stator and she did a little better, but I've ordered a new voltage R/R too. Just before she stopped going I installed an aftermarket clutch with some 1500rpm springs and the white torque spring from malossi. Difference wasn't huge but uphills were kinder to me so I'll see what 2000rpm will do on launches.

Bit off topic also- I've had my eye on bigger and better things haha.... ever wonder why I chose this username? well I bought me self a CBR250RR MC22, 1991 model and I've been doing a resto on it, redlines around 19000rpm! (that is no typo) inline 4 cylinder engine with gear driven cams is pure sex. If anyone gives two sh**s heres the build link http://ozcbr250.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1351 but you need to be registered on the forums :\ pissed me off when I tried to show my mates.

Heres how she looks after quite a bit of cosmetic work:

It's nice looking back on these forums and seeing how inexperienced I was.
Watch this space! I'll update this soon when my new parts come from germany.

Damn that is a hot Honda!! Those are really rare in the US, they go for $7500 easy for a clean one. You want to find me one and we'll work out shipping it over? Lol I love the sound of those little poisons wrapping their brains out.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

19krevs

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2015, 03:13:21 PM »
$7500???? jesussssss, haha that is some profit, I bought this one for $1400, probably more than I should have, but it'll be about 1.5-2.5k in parts for her to get her restored.. and thats without a budget! I'm not sure how hard the importing process would be to get them over to the US but it'd be easier straight from Japan I reckon ;) Everyone puts 'tyga' kits on them over here and sells them for 3-4k, I dislike the new look, I love the 90's- old fairings are killer I reckon.
Kymco YUP 50
-Malossi Sport 70cc
-Arreche 21mm Carb
-Tecnigas Next R

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2015, 04:20:18 PM »
The only issue MIGHT be the DOT approval if it is shipped as a whole bike. It generally costs equal value to convert or get the waiver. Pluss a bond on the bike is required to guarantee you will nor re_ convert it.

I went thru this w/ and Areox a few years ago.

It's best to dismantle it, and ship it in crates marked "Parts"

19krevs

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2015, 06:46:20 PM »
Ah very interesting, here it's mainly the compliance fee that's a pain in the arse when importing, older vehicles they get upset about baha.
I might do the very same thing with a car engine from Japan in the near future Zombie! once I get these two machines all nice and pretty.

Really hope these ped parts come soon from Germany, keen on hearing the two stroke again.

Oh! and Zombie, did Luigi ever get his up-gear kit installed? I followed him for a month but didn't see anything about it. Was always interested to see if they were worth it...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 06:51:46 PM by 19krevs »
Kymco YUP 50
-Malossi Sport 70cc
-Arreche 21mm Carb
-Tecnigas Next R

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2015, 03:04:54 AM »
I honestly forget...

I'm getting pretty busy lately, and have a hard time getting time to post here.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()