Author Topic: Rollers & belt.  (Read 1005 times)

sissy mary

• View Profile
Rollers & belt.
« on: June 23, 2010, 04:37:56 PM »
I am over 12,000 miles on my X500 now. I bought a kevlar belt, but I am not sure @ how many miles I should install it? Do the rollers wear out? And if yes? How long do they last? How long will the stock clutch hold up? If I am going to change the belt, I might as well change the rollers if needed at the same time! There are 5 dealers in Arizona, and not one of them know the answers to these questions? And if you call the importer they take a pissy attitude with you, and they don't know the answer either? I love the bike, but I sure wish I could find someone who has a clue about maxi scooters? :-*

ts1

• View Profile
Re: Rollers & belt.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 06:28:58 PM »
In Germany the Xciting does not have an exchange intervall for belt and rollers, but certain wear measurement.
My Xciting has +20000km, belt and rollers probably to be changed during next service at 25000km.
Clutch could last much longer.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 01:28:25 AM »
..for best performance, change that belt out at ar ound 3/4 th' recommended interval, at least....

;)

peace
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

bongoman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 06:11:33 PM »
My last drive belt - 3rd- was changed after 16,500 miles. My scoot has Dr. Pulley Sliders. First belt was replaced at 12k miles. It didn't last as long because I was having too much fun twisting the throttle.
2009 Xciting 500
2015 Lance Cali Classic 150
Adventure is a two-wheeled journey

art

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 08:54:28 PM »
Ha! I Don't have a clue,But rollers are cheap and kevlar sopposed to be better.I keep the oem for a spare One look at the rollers will tell if worth keeping or not,but change both if you are there allready.
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()