Author Topic: Headlights causing bike to cut out  (Read 849 times)

19krevs

• Cash Rules Everything Around Me
    • View Profile
Headlights causing bike to cut out
« on: August 19, 2014, 03:37:30 AM »
I've had this problem for about a week now, turning ON the headlights causes the bike to cut out and backfire, I can start the bike with the headlights on and it will idle fine with the normal dimming but it only stays on because the idle is set high. My understanding is that something is wrong with the stator/rectifier system since high beam flash and tail lights work fine, same with the indicators when the rear brake lever is pulled in (all of which run off the battery). I've already ruled out it being the battery because I bought a brand new one not even a month ago.

Unsure if its linked but I've been getting a rich mixture symptom when I let off (backfiring) and on 1/4 - 1/2 throttle as if it's misfiring, my jetting was spot on before this problem started and I had just put a new spark plug in, I realize this might be due to exhaust gasket leak however.......

Since I do most of my riding during the day it hasn't affected me too much but it is rather dangerous at night (black scoot).

I don't have a multimeter to test the stator which is another pain in the arse :/

Has anyone else had this happen to them?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 02:54:11 PM by 19krevs »
Kymco YUP 50
-Malossi Sport 70cc
-Arreche 21mm Carb
-Tecnigas Next R

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()