Author Topic: Tuning Agility RS 50 4 Stroke  (Read 1616 times)

Stellagod

• View Profile
Tuning Agility RS 50 4 Stroke
« on: June 16, 2014, 07:36:14 PM »
Hi, I've just got my Agility RS 50 back from the bike shop and is running, finally. Now I'm looking to up the power a bit. I've changed the drive boss to a non-shouldered type and am looking to improve the scooter without ruining it. Can anyone advise which components work best with each other - cdi, carb, piston kit, exhaust, rollers etc' And what to change and what to leave alone so the scooter remains reliable. If anyone out there has a good, running example I could copy what they've done I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Tuning Agility RS 50 4 Stroke
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 10:02:52 PM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chinese-Scooter-Big-Bore-100cc-50mm-Bore-QMB139-23-mm-Intake-Valves-A9-Cam-kit6b-/321259984645?pt=Other_Vehicle_Parts&hash=item4acc965705&vxp=mtr

There is the whole deal in one kit.

I have used 11 of these kits, and had ONE bad cylinder head out of the bunch. The oldest bike is three years, and still going strong.

Like anything you can F' this up in one minute of riding if you don't know what to do or how to do it. If you are handy w/ tools I can walk you thru how, and what needs prep work before assembling this stuff.

The ONLY people that will recommend against it are the ones that have F'd up or know people that have F'd up. There are HUNDREDS of them.

I build hot ass scooters that double the speed they were meant for, and I have had parts break. That is very different from messing up an install, and creating a failure from before the bike is ever started.

The kits are cheap. The install can be done in 4-5 hours for a first timer. I can do these kits in around 2 - 2 1/2 hours including all the prep.

Hope that answers your question.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Stellagod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 09:08:07 PM »
Thanks Zombie. The kit looks great but the cdi is twin plug type. Do you have the same with this single 8 pin cdi?
Cheers

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 01:32:16 AM »
Just search Ebay "qmb 139 big bore"

There are dozens of kits at all levels. Stay away from any kit that includes the Black rollers. They are cheaper quality.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Stellagod

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 07:20:45 PM »
Hi, what benefit would I see from just putting an 80cc piston and bore kit on? Would I still have to buy yet another ecu (ref not starting saga)?
Cheers

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 08:39:59 PM »
You will still need a 20mm carb, contra spring, lighter rollers. Your cdi can be de-restricted by cutting into the body of it. There are several posts on this by WordSlinger. Search CDI de-restriction...

You will spend about 100.00 to get a BBK/Carb/rollers/Spring. IMHO it is better to get it all in one shot, and if you don't install it all right away you have a pile of spares cheaper than you can otherwise get them.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 10:43:11 PM »
How do they even make those kits so damn cheap LOL
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2014, 07:15:39 AM »
Child labor. Little Chinky kids working in Aluminum smelting factories. They get one grain of rice per kit built.

You wanna hear some crazy sh**? In that African diamond country (nigeria, or the congo or something) they pay the miners in RICE. The only money they ever get is a 1 percent share of any diamonds found in their own pile of gravel. They dig gravel for 10 hour shifts, and put their name on a stick in the pile. If they are told there are no diamonds in their pile they have no recourse.
The owners are simply keeping them alive to work!

Guess who owns the mine... You got it! The "Diamonds are forever " people. De Beers.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 05:19:56 PM »
Lol when you said smelting I instantly thought of Goldmember.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2014, 09:27:14 PM »
They are starving little black, and yellow babies, and all you have is Goldmember!

Oh the humanity...

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2014, 09:33:29 PM »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2014, 10:10:09 PM »

Practice your Mandarin.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()