Author Topic: CHANGING BOSS  (Read 4106 times)

0BARK4322

• View Profile
CHANGING BOSS
« on: November 14, 2009, 02:05:16 PM »
IS IT EASY TO CHANGE THE BOSS DRIVE---I HEAR YOU NEED A AIR IMPACT TOOL TO DO IT---CAN YOU USE A REGULAR WENCH SET FOR THE JOB?
ALL STOCK

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: CHANGING BOSS
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 04:36:03 PM »
A Great BIG YES! I use a large "strap" wrench to hold the multi-var. You can also check out Utube for some inst. videos. Use the search feature on the top of this page, and you will also find a TON of info. on how to change it out. (keywords). It will not disappoint you when you get it done!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 06:04:46 PM »
 ::)OKAY----THANKS MAN, I WILL CHECK IT OUT
ALL STOCK

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 06:52:02 PM »
It can be done, but it's way easier with an impact!  I tried without and ended up buying a cheap cordless one at Harbor Freight.  I got it on sale for $35, it does the job nicely!  ;)

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 12:34:21 AM »
DID YOU GET T OFF WITH JUST A WRENCH
ALL STOCK

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 12:46:34 AM »
I couldn't get it off without the impact.  I actually broke a piece off of the transmission housing trying to lock the variator with a wedge between!  The housing gave before the nut did!  I'm sure with the right tool to hold the variator, it is possible.  I just went the easy way and bought a cheap impact gun.  For as often as I take mine off for tuning, the impact is invaluable!  ;)

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 05:14:27 PM »
 :oAHH----I DID IT---CHANGING THE BOSS DRIVE WAS NOT THAT BAD AND I DID IT WITH JUST A SOCKET SET--GREAT :o---HEY ZOMBIE I JUST USED A BOLT WITH A RAG AND PUT IT BETWWEN THE SPROCKET SO IT WOULD NOT TURN AND (WALA) IT CAME OFF---AND WOW A BIG DIFFERENT WITH SPEED
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 05:20:20 PM by 0BARK4322 »
ALL STOCK

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 06:05:49 PM »
Mine was on there REALLY tight!  I tried wedging an aluminum rod between the sprocket and housing, thats how I broke a piece of the housing off!!!  I'm glad yours worked though!!

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 06:19:34 PM »
DID YOU USE A RAG AS A CUSHION
ALL STOCK

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 06:29:09 PM »
I sure didn't.  Not sure that would have helped though.

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 06:32:22 PM »
A CUSHION WOULD HAVE HELP I BET,I AM NEW TO ALL THIS STUFF AND JUST DID IT----MAN---WELL NOW YOU KNOW FOR NEXT TIME--I HAV PICTURE OF THE JOB BUT DON'T KNOW HOW TO PUT UP MORE THEN ONE
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 06:35:03 PM by 0BARK4322 »
ALL STOCK

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 07:41:57 PM »
I have an impact gun now, so it's not an issue.  You can post up to 4 pics, but only up 192KB total, per post.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2009, 03:16:52 AM »
A CUSHION WOULD HAVE HELP I BET,I AM NEW TO ALL THIS STUFF AND JUST DID IT----MAN---WELL NOW YOU KNOW FOR NEXT TIME--I HAV PICTURE OF THE JOB BUT DON'T KNOW HOW TO PUT UP MORE THEN ONE

..if you have a program that you can reduce the .jpg compression ratio, you can get bigger pics to display, because their filesize is greatly diminished...I use Irfanview for editing pics for posting on the internets...It's a small d-load and is very easy to use..It's also amazingly quick and powerful for it's small size...

peace
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2009, 04:13:55 AM »
slinger, Maybe you could pm me and explain how to use the infran program. I can sort of get it but not enough to really use it. shaka tried, and I can,t even find the place to start. Thanks man
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 11:44:33 AM »
slinger, Maybe you could pm me and explain how to use the infran program. I can sort of get it but not enough to really use it. shaka tried, and I can,t even find the place to start. Thanks man

..be glad to my fwend...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()