Author Topic: Larger Windsheild  (Read 1312 times)

misybailey1

• View Profile
Larger Windsheild
« on: February 10, 2015, 06:51:29 PM »
Hi all;
I just bought a 2009 500Ri ABS.  I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a larger windshield.  I don's care for the bug juice on my helmet visor.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Amber

bongoman

• View Profile
Re: Larger Windsheild
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 12:57:55 AM »
I rode an 07 with the touring screen. Now I ride an09 with the smoke colored sport screen. I like it better in south Texas weather because of more air flow. The larger one was better in the 2, or maybe 3, months of winter around here.
2009 Xciting 500
2015 Lance Cali Classic 150
Adventure is a two-wheeled journey

xsel777

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 12:05:32 PM »
You might like the idea of those slip-stream add-on screens,especially the type that can be raised and lowered.they come with all the fittings required,just the scary bit of drilling into your current screen for correct fitment. I was not able to afford one,due to the exchange rate of 11:1 so made one from a used screen at cost of only 20usd.looks almost professional....☺ . The pro options are very pretty.
2010 Kymco Xciting 500Ri-Dark Blue

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 06:07:27 PM »
Google laminar lip. Givi makes a much larger shield for the x500. :-*

desliderman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 07:35:45 PM »
I've got the larger Givi screen on mine.  I use it if I'm going to take a long tour or if the weather has gotten colder.  Otherwise, I'm back to the smoked, stock screen.  I can swap them out in about 5 minutes.

I do wish the Givi was an inch shorter.  I'm 5'11 and can't see over the thing.  When it rains (especially getting caught out in that at night), it makes it difficult to see well.

Don in KC.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()