Author Topic: MY ZX50 O.E.M CARB TUNING  (Read 51023 times)

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
Re: MY ZX50 O.E.M CARB TUNING
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2010, 08:15:13 PM »
by the way, Zombie, Shaka, Word, Batman, all the other "regulars" that put the info/links on this forum. Thanks from all us noobs, we gotta learn from somewhere, right? Thanks again for the knowledge.
                        what up dude? thanks for any props, sh** man, i am in the same boat you are!!!!    i am just tryin to learn ANYTHING on these things......stick around, there is valuble info in here, i just cant absorb enough..
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2010, 02:15:55 AM »
SO...I'm trying to adjust my stock carb and I got the Idle screw adjusted but when I try to adjust the air mix (small) screw there is little to no response in the idle.  Is this a sign of something bad or just because its a crappy stock carb (2005 people 50 2t)

That is pretty normal.  The mix screw doesn't have a very large effect on the idle, especially if you don't have a tach to see exactly!  You should be safe setting it about 1.5-2 turns out as a starting point.  You may have to ride a bit to really feel how it performs.  Then you can turn it 1/2 turn and ride it some more and see if there was any change.  Just make sure it is at least about 3/4 turns out so you don't run lean at idle.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2010, 02:23:44 AM »
by the way, Zombie, Shaka, Word, Batman, all the other "regulars" that put the info/links on this forum.

..i've learned everything i sometimes think i know from the ppl in this forum..

..i came here with a busted belt and chewed up cvt parts wondering wtf just happened..

..if i can help somebody work out their problems, i figure i'm just paying forward on a debt I owe...

peace

...and you are very welcome, brother...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2010, 02:31:48 AM »
Ditto what slinger said.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2010, 02:25:20 PM »
well, just an update. went to several cycle shops, scooter shops yesterday, still having difficulties in finding jets for the oem.  they are odd balls, dod put a cone filter one yesterday also. seen a "trick" to try from jennings handbook.. move needle to 2nd notch, take out jet completely to see if runs, if floods ur good, if it runs you need to rejet, wonder if this trick works wit a fixed needle???    was suggested to just put a 15-16mm carb wit reed cage, gears.. this shop does make some cool sh**, they look like 1915? indian style motorcycles but scooters.. way cool.. briton bees here in asheville, they have malossi parts,etc. too.. they seem to be very knowledgeable and helpful..
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2010, 02:36:09 PM »
Wow, I'm jealous, you can walk into a shop and pick what you want to buy. We have one motorbike shop here and they don't do scooter parts.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2010, 03:19:23 PM »
...i can't find ANY parts around here....

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2010, 04:29:40 PM »
dam slinger, youd think g-boro would be full of shops....    ok, another update, dont know if jennings trick works wit fixed needles or not BUT i figured id try.. she runs like the jet still inside...hmmm? craaaazy. guess i do need to rejet carb, which sticks me again,...lmao
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2010, 04:34:49 PM »
..full of shops that will order your parts for you...lol..

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2010, 05:55:34 PM »
yeah, here too but theres one cycle shop thats a "kymco dealer", one also sells genuwine,etc. scoots. the guys i spoke to yesterday idk how long they been up,(they also have a newer opened tattoo shop too), but some of those scoots was cool as sh**!! maybe a good connection, said his 50 hits 60.12 wit a 15mm carb. i was very surprised to know about IN STOCK malossi parts w/ polini, etc..  was gonna ride back out after this plug chop but started drizzling...
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2010, 06:32:48 PM »
well, i just did a plug chop at wot with my odd jet and new cone filter. id swear i could tell a bit of a difference for a bit but anyway the "mix ring" looked to be a grayish??? color and the curved part of electrode was a creamy color.....         and the survey SAYS??..........
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

thebatman

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2010, 08:12:44 PM »
hello me, its me again(megadeth)..lol.  anyway, went on a short ride till rain stopped me. i think i have finally unlocked door #2:.. id swear she is running better wit this odd jet(could swear they same,idk maybe eq. to a 92 then?) and cone filter, even pipe sounds different, woo hooo!! anyway wot seems better also BUT she is way hard to start(kicked about 12 times,instead of normal 1-2) and bend in pipe from exhaust is alot bluer now..   ????????   ?????   i hope youll read my last few posts to help also.
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2010, 03:41:03 AM »
"Grayish" & "Creamy" colors don't sound very good to me.  It's hard to say for sure without seeing it though.  How long did you run at WOT before killing it?  Maybe try to go for a little longer run to get some more color on the plug.  You may also want to try going from too rich where it bogs and the plug is black and working smaller.  This method is best, but requires a handful of jets.  That's the way I like to do though.  That way you're not running lean the whole time you're trying to find the right jet!  It also seems to be easier to find the "sweet spot". 

I hope you weren't running too lean and did some damage to you're motor.  Not to scare you, but loss of compression will make it hard to start.  Running lean = HOT.  Over-heating will turn the exhaust blue.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2010, 04:04:33 AM »
I agree w/ shaka. Go richer on the main. It is most likely too lean on the idle jet also. That will give a hard start. You can safely turn the mix screw out a turn or two, and compensate w/ the idle speed screw. The blue is cause the cyl temp is higher. You need to get that back down w/ a bigger jet.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

art

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2010, 04:16:07 AM »
Hey all creamy is kind of wierd Is it humid where your at raining,thats usualy a water oil kind of thing,filter tight,grey too lean!Hard start I figure price you pay for mods,mine after rs could take 10 to 15 kicks to start if i don't ride for a couple days and humid,anywhere from 1 to 5 if riding daily,1 kick when warm.I'd think around #105 see where your at,to rich won't hurt much.Don't mean to high jack I need some input check my people 50 tires  post.Good luck
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()