Author Topic: Valve Adjustment?  (Read 3303 times)

stuo

• View Profile
Re: Valve Adjustment?
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2019, 10:45:43 PM »
I confirm Karl's diagnosis; his RPM's to speed are virtually the same as mine. Your belt is the first item to check, variator next. One can watch the belt and variator operate with the bike on the center stand, cover off and engine running at different speeds. The belt should rise up to the top of the variator at higher speeds, if not that is the problem: wrong (or worn belt), or stuck variator.
2009 GV 250

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2019, 08:02:34 AM »
I confirm Karl's diagnosis; his RPM's to speed are virtually the same as mine. Your belt is the first item to check, variator next. One can watch the belt and variator operate with the bike on the center stand, cover off and engine running at different speeds. The belt should rise up to the top of the variator at higher speeds, if not that is the problem: wrong (or worn belt), or stuck variator.

Thank you!  I am so grateful for this forum I tell ya.   it helps me to stay wise.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 08:11:36 AM by Nireen »
Kat :)

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2019, 10:33:59 AM »
I was just looking at my service manual and it says to NOT clean my air-filter with a compressor air.  I been doing this all along and I now can't help but wonder if this filter maybe not in good shape and causing some issues?  It is so hard for me to find a stock filter here in Canada.  I can't seem to get any parts here.  It is a real pain and I heard there were no more dealers in Canada.  Not sure if this is true.  I just sent of a message to the dealer I got the bike from here to see if he is still doing it.  He is far from me so I never dealt with him.
Kat :)

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2019, 11:01:51 AM »
Nothing to worry about by using compressed air on your filter as long as the orange paper not blown loose.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

stuo

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2019, 06:43:12 PM »
And you blow the air in the correct direction, backwards to blow the dust off the top surface.
2009 GV 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()