Author Topic: Back on Two Wheels!  (Read 357 times)

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
Back on Two Wheels!
« on: October 25, 2018, 07:45:38 AM »
Hello!

I've been checking into the forum a couple of times a week after stopping riding for a bit earlier in the year. I think I like the attitude of forum members - there's quite a lot of forums out there that aren't so friendly.

Anyway, I've been on the lookout for any way to get back on two wheels without really spending any cash, which is a tricky combination, but I'm back in the game now.

I've liberated a 2001 Honda SH50 (I think they're known as a "Scoopy" stateside, and a "City Express" over this side) from an elderly gentleman's garage, where it's been laid up since 2006 when he gave up pottering to the shops on it once a week. I'm in the process of recomissioning it, though there really isn't that much wrong with it. A dead battery, duff fork seals and perished tyres appear to be pretty much all that's wrong.

Still on the lookout for a Kymco Agilty 50 as well to pad out my 50cc fleet :)

Anyway, good to be back on two wheels!
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Back on Two Wheels!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 10:51:16 AM »
Well done - you!...Vipe
Uh, when you say, "liberated" the scooter from an old fellows garage .......we're talking you traded him some pots and pans for it, right? Or..?
 And just in time to enjoy a balmy English winter, yes?!
Do they still prefer grit, to salt, on the roads?
They started using beet juice or some darn thing on high speed roads around here. Maybe that's better for the metal of our vehicles?
Ride safe, friend.
Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 10:57:29 AM »
Well done. :D  I know how important it is to be able to ride.  When I was without a scooter whilst mine was in the shop I was down in the dumps. 

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 11:03:44 AM »
Uh, when you say, "liberated" the scooter from an old fellows garage .......we're talking you traded him some pots and pans for it, right? Or..?
 And just in time to enjoy a balmy English winter, yes?!
Do they still prefer grit, to salt, on the roads?

Hah, no, I paid him - I'm not into fleecing the elderly! He had about 11 Kawasaki GPZ900s in his garage - bizarrely he collected them, despite not being able to ride a motorcycle. In the UK you can ride a 50cc on a car license, but nothing more.

They do still love their grit here. In a month's time I'll have to start washing the car every week to stop it being eaten up!

Our winters are pretty tame really.
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()