Author Topic: Diagnostic tool needed?  (Read 1730 times)

pasusca

• View Profile
Diagnostic tool needed?
« on: September 08, 2017, 02:39:13 AM »
Some of the maintenance intervals on my Like 200i call for checking with a diagnostic tool. Is there an economical DIY alternative to bringing it to the shop?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

2016 Like 200i: Kymco trim bars
2004 Yamaha Vino 50: BBK

big blue

• View Profile
Re: Diagnostic tool needed?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 02:56:55 AM »
I  have done a lot of my own maintenance and have not needed the diagnostic scanner. When my throttle body TPS failed the CLEP light gave me the answer to the problem and the members this forum helped as well! I'm sure that Stig will be along any time now to allay your fears. ;)
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 02:51:27 PM »
Some of the maintenance intervals on my Like 200i call for checking with a diagnostic tool. Is there an economical DIY alternative to bringing it to the shop?

Well, yes there is an alternative to paying someone to check your LIKE with the KYMCO diagnostic tool.
Is it running good?
There you go!
I don't think any of us LIKE'rs have ever paid to have that done to a good running LIKE.
These things either run great, or they don't. The vast majority start & run great.
The ECU and EFI are nearly flawless.....and the scoot will let you know if something is amiss, by poor starting or poor running.
Cyclepedia.com offers a pretty good service manual (paper manual or on-line)....and most find this scooter to be very, very easy for self-servicing.
Again, most of us have never used the diagnostic tool on our scooters IF they are running good. We're  NOT neglecting any important or unimportant servicing by doing without the D.Tool.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

pasusca

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 03:28:25 PM »
Well, yes there is an alternative to paying someone to check your LIKE with the KYMCO diagnostic tool.
Is it running good?
There you go!
I don't think any of us LIKE'rs have ever paid to have that done to a good running LIKE.
These things either run great, or they don't. The vast majority start & run great.
The ECU and EFI are nearly flawless.....and the scoot will let you know if something is amiss, by poor starting or poor running.
Cyclepedia.com offers a pretty good service manual (paper manual or on-line)....and most find this scooter to be very, very easy for self-servicing.
Again, most of us have never used the diagnostic tool on our scooters IF they are running good. We're  NOT neglecting any important or unimportant servicing by doing without the D.Tool.
Stig
Thanks, Stig. I'm new to scooter maintenance and I do have the manual. I'll keep doing it myself and all the tools I bought will quickly pay for themselves.

pasusca

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 04:53:55 PM »
I  have done a lot of my own maintenance and have not needed the diagnostic scanner. When my throttle body TPS failed the CLEP light gave me the answer to the problem and the members this forum helped as well! I'm sure that Stig will be along any time now to allay your fears. ;)
Thanks, bb. I'll keep an eye on that light.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()