Author Topic: Best spring and slider weights for stock Agility 50  (Read 2805 times)

MN_Scoot

• View Profile
Best spring and slider weights for stock Agility 50
« on: June 10, 2014, 06:27:30 PM »
I keep reading forum posts about slider weights and can't seem to find consensus on what might be best for a stock Agility 50. 5.5g keeps coming up as a great weight for rollers, but I read that sliders are not a direct conversion.

So…I'm wondering what the best combo is for a stock Agility 50 to keep the top end about the same, but accelerate better and go up hills faster than my current 15mph.  :-\

The best guess I have after pouring through a lot of different views is a 1500 spring and 7 gram Dr. Pulley sliders.

-I am about 190lbs if that matters, but I'd like it to be a good combo for various riders/passengers.

On a separate note, I keep seeing complete kits for transmission upgrades like this:  http://www.monsterscooterparts.com/super-transmission-kit-50cc-gy6-qmb139-engines-ncy.html
-would this be overkill? Seems like a lot of people get the performance they want after only a spring and sliders.

Thanks.
2007 Kymco Agility 50
Stock other than Dr. Pulley Sliders and derestricted from the dealer.

blue

• View Profile
Re: Best spring and slider weights for stock Agility 50
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 10:25:48 PM »
With the scoot being stock 5.5 rollers will work great.and a 82 jet will be great for ya.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 02:02:36 AM »
5.5 rollers or Ninja Sliders OR 7 gr Dr. Pulley Sliders.
I like the Malossi RED spring for the rear (equal to a 2000)

Those CVT kits are generally trash. I would get either a Jasil (top Racing) or a Polini Variator, and a Malossi Delta clutch.

Reality is you don't really need those CVT parts unless you go to a Big Bore kit, pipe, carb.

The roller/slider/spring swap will get you 40-45, and great up hill by them selves.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

MN_Scoot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 12:12:47 AM »
Great, thanks.

It seems all the scoot websites I check out have higher prices than people talk about here. Are most people getting these types of parts on ebay? Or is there another recommended site?
2007 Kymco Agility 50
Stock other than Dr. Pulley Sliders and derestricted from the dealer.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 12:15:58 AM »
Thought you'd never ask... Call SPI  http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=11581.0

He'll hook you up.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Smithg27

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 11:25:55 PM »
I had the same questions when i was finding rollers/sliders. I ended up getting 5.5 dr. pulley sliders. They work great on my scoot. I take off great and can get up to about 39-41 mph and then the acceleration slows a little. It takes a bit longer but I am able to top out at around 48 on flat ground. Keep in mind these are odometer readings not correct gps speeds. Anyways if i were to buy another set of sliders I think i'd go with 6gr sliders.

I have not mixed this with different contra springs, just stock springs. Blue and Zombie i believe have more experience with mixing them. Just figured i would give a little input if you plan on getting just rollers/sliders.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 06:26:05 AM »
Every bit of input is valuable around here. The more info we have the better the forum gets.

Thanks for helping out Smithg.

I have 7gr Dr. Pulley sliders in mine on a 100cc kit. I also think 6 gram would work out a bit better but they never wear out. I have more than 2 years on mine right now. Rollers last just a few months for me.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()