Author Topic: Springs  (Read 929 times)

Smithg27

• View Profile
Springs
« on: May 13, 2014, 07:59:54 PM »
Alright so I bought two parts off of racingplanetusa.com and neither of them seem to be the correct parts for the agility 50.

One of the parts was a Malossi Contra/torque spring. Its the yellow one part number: 29 7042.YO (RI) which does not seem like the right size. It is shorter than the white one that came with my Malossi Muiltivar I bought a while back. On the back of the box it lists which part numbered springs fit on which scoot and The ones listed for the A50 are:
29 8360.WO (RI) Which I believe is the one that came with my Multivar
29 8323.GO (RA) +60
29 8324.VO (RA) +82
29 8325.AO (RA) +106
Does anyone have experience with these or know which one is the best choice. I was thinking of going with the 29 8324.VO because I have been looking for a 1500rpm spring to put on my scoot and the +82% over stock would be the closest.

I also bought clutch springs from the website. The website suggested Naraku 900.42 This comes with three sets of springs rated at 1000, 1500, and 200 rpm. However when trying to install them they seem to be too small. The diameter of the springs are much smaller and the springs dont seem to fit well. Deos anyone have any advice on this or have another brand/part number of springs to order?

Please let me know what you guys think. And please one give advice if you know what you are talking about or have experiences. Thanks!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Springs
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 01:25:32 AM »
Which Agility do you have, and which RP did you order from USA or Germany
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Smithg27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 01:32:15 AM »
2009 agility 50 r12
You have any suggestions?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 02:16:50 AM »
Yeah. F' racing Planet. They suck monkey nutz.

There are no fly springs made for OEM clutches except for some that might fit, and I don't know what they might be. Contras will all fit except for the Malossi Yellow. There is one that I ordered from Malossi direct in Italy but it was years ago, and I forget the number.

Your best bet is to return that stuff, and throw a few more $$$ in to buy a Proper clutch, and some springs.
Deal w/ Louie at SPI and pay like 40% off the retail price. You can get a whole Polini kit for under 70 bucks including rollers.

I spent about 20 minuites looking up the stuff you got, and didn't even find the numbers on RP USA. That's why I asked Which country.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()