Author Topic: Need electrical help People 50 2-stroke  (Read 452 times)

relaxinrob

• View Profile
Need electrical help People 50 2-stroke
« on: October 14, 2016, 09:09:04 PM »
I am very knowledgeable fixing mechanical issues, but am an admitted novice on deep electrical ones.  The scooter has a charged battery.  It will blow the fuse with the red wire immediately, even with the key off.  I can kick start it and it runs fine.  The headlights don't work, nor the tail light, but brake light does.  It will not electric start.  If I disconnect the voltage regulator, the fuse does not blow.  I do have a Chinese voltage regulator that looks the same, but is not interchangeable.  Do you think the voltage regulator is causing my problem or could there be a stuck relay somewhere causing a short.  Best I can tell, no chaffed wires.  Right before the fuse blows, I hear what sounds like a relay in the area behind the headlight making a clicking sound.   HELP!

Thanks in advance for your assistance.  I am fixing this for someone that has no transportation otherwise.

Rob
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 10:03:25 PM by relaxinrob »

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
Re: Need electrical help People 50 2-stroke
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 10:47:31 PM »
I too am mechanically declined when it comes to electrical problems! It would not hurt to disconnect the headlight and the tail light and give it a shot. May help to narrow it down a bit. I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a wire that was shorted onto the frame. Best of luck and kudos to you for helping someone out!!
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

paceneedsstides

• Cuz I can't drive...55!!...No I mean that I try...
    • View Profile
Re: Need electrical help People 50 2-stroke
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 01:40:37 AM »
sounds like you got a short somewhere.
2013 Kymco/Malossi Like 70 2T
Technigas Next R Chrome exhaust
Malossi Dellorto 19mm Carb
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Malossi Blue Rear Pulley Spring
Malossi Torsion controller