Author Topic: Honda puts the Forza on a diet.  (Read 987 times)

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
Honda puts the Forza on a diet.
« on: March 09, 2018, 10:14:35 AM »
http://www.motorcycle.com/mini-features/2018-honda-forza-300-scooter-announced-for-europe.html

Call weight watchers it lost 25 plus lbs.
Of course it begs the question. Why did Honda make the first wave of Forzas get so porky ?

AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
Honda missed the mark
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 01:02:25 PM »
in the power to weight ratio. This is a good move on Honda s part. With small engines like in the 300cc class, every added pound degrades performance.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Honda puts the Forza on a diet.
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 01:15:22 PM »
http://www.motorcycle.com/mini-features/2018-honda-forza-300-scooter-announced-for-europe.html

Call weight watchers it lost 25 plus lbs.
Of course it begs the question. Why did Honda make the first wave of Forzas get so porky ?

AMAC

Well, they shortened the new one - not something I want to see when buying a maxi, and raised the seat a couple of inches. Short & tall do not seem ideal for feeling stable at speed?

But then Honda was never all about being on the cutting edge of performance....never.
It was something else.., it is something else - which inspires Honda sales down thru the decades, 2 wheels and 4.
A package deal.

A pair of classics now.....since it appears the 2018 won't be coming to the USA.

And, old smoothy...

I rode the red one home, while the blue one was still in ICU. The seat height, smoothness of the drive-train, and low center of gravity made my first ride off the lot and into heavy city traffic much more relaxing than I'd imagined it could be.

Me? I'd snatch up a 2016 ABS model while you can. Ride your Kymco 6 days a week, and the Forza on Sundays.

Stig
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 01:24:35 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 01:23:34 PM »
Not sure how much I'm for this since it looks like it's losing all storage as well.  I'd guess it'd definitely need a top box to be useful.
It also wouldn't hurt if they'd add a few ponies/torque as well since:
vs. the Xmax & People 300 (still out there just not here) it's still giving up ~3 ponies, & some torque (albeit at higher revs)
Vs. the Downtown 350, & Citycom 300i it's 4-5 HP.
The BV350 has it spanked; although with the weight loss it's arguably a different class.

So far I think I'm with Stig on this one though I think I'd be looking at an XMAX 300 if I could find one (0 for 1 on dealers so far).
2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

forkintheroad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 05:25:13 PM »
Actually did see an Xmax at nearby dealer last week. I think they had just finished readying it for the show room floor when i got there. I wasn't looking to buy one, came for a different bike so I didn't test it. But it looks comfortable. Bigger than I was expecting.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 10:38:16 PM »
Actually did see an Xmax at nearby dealer last week. I think they had just finished readying it for the show room floor when i got there. I wasn't looking to buy one, came for a different bike so I didn't test it. But it looks comfortable. Bigger than I was expecting.

I agree, the Xmax is bigger than I expected. Looked at one this morning.
Sticker price was $5,599

Two rows over, I looked at another 2018 300.
But this one is one thousand dollars less than the Xmax.

Off-brand 'mainland' manufacturer?
Nope.

Plus, it's red.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 10:42:04 PM »
I REALLY like that instrument panel on that new Honda! Also the LED lighting on that and the Yamaha XMAX 300. Anyone know the lamps they use? Anyone see the light patterns?
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 02:48:58 AM »
The Xmax looks good and has heaps of features and storage but over here we only get the bronze and grey models where I would prefer a more stand out color like white or red.  Price here is ride away $7,700 AUD.

The new BMW 400 will be out in the middle of the year and it has the looks you will either love or hate but I like it.

https://newatlas.com/bmw-c400x-scooter/52196/

forkintheroad

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 05:07:49 PM »

Two rows over, I looked at another 2018 300.
But this one is one thousand dollars less than the Xmax.

Off-brand 'mainland' manufacturer?
Nope.
I saw one of those. it was tempting. The new Rebel 300 doesn't cost much more, maybe a $200, and it looks great too.
I ended up getting a Yamaha VX250. I'd been looking at the SMAX but it just won me over. the only Kymco dealer left in my area has nothing but an Like 200i, so I never bothered to stop by.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()