Author Topic: Osk tree leaves are the DEVIL!  (Read 1165 times)

Forbes1964

• View Profile
Osk tree leaves are the DEVIL!
« on: April 11, 2016, 07:55:46 AM »
Yes, the nature lover said it. I've dropped my scooter TWICE. AND both times was while trying to come out of a u turn on oak tree leaves. What's worse than the ground covered with a think layer of wet oak leaves? The ground covered with a semi thick layer of DRY leaves. Like turning around on glass. Lol.
2009 Xciting 250

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Osk tree leaves are the DEVIL!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 12:10:35 PM »
Agree.
Leaves in a State park at the the bottom of an Alpine-like hair pin turning almost got me on my pretty red Forza. ...on a summer morning. I was moving at walking speed....still almost got me. Stupid to have tried that road with the trees overhanging such a steep incline.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 04:52:00 PM »
In hindsight, i was being STUPID too. Was making a U turn on a narrow road. The road was too narrow, so I went off the pavement onto the shoulder. Normally no big problem if the shoulder is grass or dirt. But that layer of dry leaves was there. I Tried to accelerate as if I was on solid dirt, and down it went as if I was on an oil slick!

If I had gone another 500 feet I would have had PLENTY of pavement. But nooooo, I just had to turn around right then and there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2009 Xciting 250

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 10:49:50 PM »
Where I live people tend to cut their grass and blow the clippings on the road! Ran across this yesterday at about 45 mph on a curve. Saw it ahead of time, fortunately.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 04:05:29 AM »
Where I live people tend to cut their grass and blow the clippings on the road! Ran across this yesterday at about 45 mph on a curve. Saw it ahead of time, fortunately.

Whew! Glad you saw it in time.
2009 Xciting 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()