Author Topic: Deristriction  (Read 358 times)

Grunhagen

• View Profile
Deristriction
« on: October 12, 2022, 04:21:13 PM »
PLEEESE HELP I OWN A 2003 KYMCO YUP 50cc 2 stroke. THE PROBLEM IS IT WONT DO MORE THAN 28MPH BEEN TOLD TO GET DERISTRICTED CDI UNIT, SO I ORDERED ONE FROM EUROSCOOTERS BUT WRONG ONE WAS SENT. THE ONE ON MY SCOOTER IS BLACK AND HAS 2 GREEN PLUGS THE LARGER PLUG LOOKS TO HAVE 4 WIRES AND THE SMALLER PLUG 2 WIRES ONE WIRE BEING GREEN. I HAVE BEEN TOLD CUT GREEN WIRE BUT AM A LITTLE SCARED JUST IN CASE I CAUSE DAMAGE, NOW BEEN TOLD THIS MODEL IS NOT RESTRICTED ELECTRONICALLY BUT IS RESTRICTED MECHANICALLY. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP AS THE SCOOTER IS IMMACULATE BUT JUST NEED TO GO MORE THAN 28 MPH. IF ANYONE HAS A CORRECT DERISTRICTED CDI UNIT FOR THIS SCOOTER AND WILLING TO LET IT GO THEN PLEASE LET ME KNOW geoffonavespa@yahoo.co.uk OR TELL ME WHERE I CAN GET ONE GOD BLESS
GEOFF

big blue

• View Profile
Re: Deristriction
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2022, 11:49:59 PM »
Check to see if the drive variator has been changed to a de-restricted one. The drive boss should be smooth and not have a washer on it. See the attached drawing the boss is part 22105.
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Dmitry

• View Profile
Re: Deristriction
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2022, 06:03:27 PM »
Hey!

It may or may not be restricted by CDI, de-restricting usually requires cutting a wire, unplugging a wire or cutting a back side of CDI off with hacksaw...
Where are you located? I'm guessing you have a DC ignition and I have Naraku derestricted CDI for Yup/Dink/People, bought it for my Super9 but it has AC ignition so it didn't work.

I've seen a washer welded into exhaust near the motor acting as restrictor, but I can't remember what scooter it was.

Also as mentioned above Variator may be restricted, some have a ring that is removed, mine had a whole sleeve that I ended up replacing because it has a shoulder on it that keeps it from moving all the way in.

Also ALL CAPS no bueno

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()