Author Topic: Dr Pulley?  (Read 3014 times)

8eeman77

• Work hard, ride safe
  • I'm a scooter loving Apiarist
    • View Profile
Dr Pulley?
« on: September 14, 2013, 03:33:37 PM »
Where's the Dr Pulley thread in the forums? Link please. I am interested in learning more about them & any other performance enhancing gadgets. Can I get Dr Pulley in Australia or an Australian equivalent? Thanks!
The Kymco DT 300i ABS is the best scooter you can get. I love it's carefree automatic ride. I would like to see kymco make a 600cc version but no heavier then the 300. I would buy it for sure

feebleknievel

• View Profile
    • Kickin Country hITS
Re: Dr Pulley?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 08:03:51 PM »

Adept

• Empaticus Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 06:39:03 PM »

I have a barely used (200km)14gr Dr Pulley rollers to SELL!! Send a PM if you interested in...

8eeman77

• Work hard, ride safe
  • I'm a scooter loving Apiarist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 03:17:46 PM »
I understand that the sliders seem to make the scooter run smoother and improve performance, but I can't justify using them if it makes fuel consumption worse. You'd think a smoother running bike would use less fuel. Why so sliders improve low end performance but sacrifice the top end? Isn't there a slider weight that gives a smoother ride & leaves top speed & fuel consumption alone? Has anybody done testing to see if use of the sliders improves fuel consumption or at least stays the same. I might consider using sliders if this was the case.
The Kymco DT 300i ABS is the best scooter you can get. I love it's carefree automatic ride. I would like to see kymco make a 600cc version but no heavier then the 300. I would buy it for sure

Pimpy1

• Mo Hoes Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 03:36:40 PM »
The sliders don't hurt the fuel mileage. If you use the same weight sliders they act as it they are a few grams lighter than your rollers. It makes you turn higher RPMs at the same cruising speed.  The higher rpms will increase your fuel consumption at higher speeds. You have to compensate by buying sliders that are a few grams heavier to achieve the same RPMs at cruising speed. 

Just buy a few grams heavier sliders and you will keep the same gear range as stock but get the benefits of smother shifting without the fuel loss.
2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2006 Kymco People 250

feebleknievel

• View Profile
    • Kickin Country hITS
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 11:35:10 PM »
my fuel has actually improved by a few miles ,i been using sliders for 5 years and it has never hurt my fuel assumption  .sliders is far better than the rollers any day.some you can't change there mind until they try it.once in the improvement will impress you when i first bought by DT 300 while riding 77mph i could feel a slip like a lag with the rollers with the sliders i have never had that .yanno this bike is very impressive for a 300 the club i belong to most of the riders 45 of them either have 400-700 cc i keep right up with them and no struggles there impressed kymco built a damn good machine when it came to the DT 300 i i was a firm believer of Burgman and rode one for 7 yrs my only complaint is riding in a more fixed position but have gotten use to it.i could customize the seat for less than $125.00 but for now im good with it.over all I LOVE MY DT 300 i go with the sliders you won't be dissapointed

also i have not lost any bottom end or top end never have

moparkid

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 01:44:41 PM »
Hey Feeble....Did you do your roller to slider conversion yourself or did you let a shop do it? Are you saying once you went to sliders you never had lag?

feebleknievel

• View Profile
    • Kickin Country hITS
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 04:23:48 PM »
i did it myself.when i had my Burgman 400 i bought it wrecked and rebuilt it it taught me everything about changing seals,belts,variators sliders,bearings etc etc etc..id rather do it my self that way i know it's been done right i have all kinds of service manuals it's pretty easy if you have the right tools.yup and i never had any lag but i been using sliders for about 5 yrs im sold on them i put a video on the forum that shows the way sliders work compared to rollers you should watch it

feebleknievel

• View Profile
    • Kickin Country hITS
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 04:24:48 PM »
the title on the forum is FOR ALL THE LOVERS OF SLIDERS COMPARED TO ROLLERS take a look at it

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()