Author Topic: My Like is in the shop  (Read 9372 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: My Like is in the shop
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2013, 10:09:57 PM »
 If it took this other dealership 2 weeks turn around time, then why has it taken the current dealership 9 days to reset the check engine light, then another 2 weeks to try to find out what parts are needed or what they actually need to do to fix it?  I just don't understand. 
[/quote]
This must be really frustrating for you, as a big engine mechanic , to wait for these 'experts' to figure out what's going on with your engine that has a piston the size of a tea cup!
Man, if it wasn't under warranty - I'd be tempted to start doing my own diagnostic 'fix' (by which I mean : "OK, let's start replacing parts here... If this part doesn't cure the problem it will be good to have this new part as a spare!" )
Hang in there - and do keep us posted. Again, congrats on the new job!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

91cavgt

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2013, 11:23:07 PM »
Thanks Stig for the well wishes!! 

I went by the dealership today and got an update. 

Come to find out, Kymco America is trying to see if the TPS (throttle position sensor) can be replaced by itself.  Apparently you can remove the TPS from the throttle body, but no one can find a part number for it.  So, they are going back and forth trying to see if there is a TPS that they can order, or if they have to order the entire throttle body and/or computer in order to just get the TPS. 

Here's the kicker that really got under my skin.  The service guy looked at the record on the ticket and it showed that they called Kymco on November 6th and November 12th.  Both of those days just happen to be the days that I called to get an update.  So they have only called Kymco twice in the last 2 weeks that my Like has been at their shop.  That is unacceptable to me. 

The service guy told me that the next time they could call is next Tuesday since they are closed every Sunday and Monday.  WHAT???  They are seriously getting on my last nerve.  I feel as though I have been very patient, and I have been on the other side of the counter behind a service desk.  I would never treat a custom the way I am being treated.  The squeeky wheel gets the grease, and it is about time for me to start being squeeky until I get my Like back.     
2012 Like 200i  in black

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2013, 01:37:33 AM »
98cavgt,

Don't know if this will help...........
(and yeah....that throttle body assembly seems listed as one part for @$218)

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

91cavgt

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2013, 11:17:22 AM »
Thanks Stig!
2012 Like 200i  in black

91cavgt

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2013, 04:34:17 PM »
I went and talked to the service guys today.  I, politely, informed them of how long my Like has been in the shop(today makes 4 weeks) and that I need an answer today as to what is going to happen.  I was going to stop by again before 5 pm and was going to get an answer. 

Well, I just received a phone call from the dealership.  The service guy tells me that they are going to replace the entire throttle body, just like what Stig said needed to be done.  The throttle body is being shipped over night and I should get my scooter back tomorrow sometime. 
2012 Like 200i  in black

tclhb

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2013, 07:22:42 PM »
Good deal!
Tom. Huntington Beach, California

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2013, 09:10:26 PM »
Great to hear. I hope that this fix allows you to enjoy your scooter and not have to fight it out with your dealer again. On the plus side maybe your dealer learned a thing or two about keeping a customer in the loop. ;)
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

91cavgt

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2013, 11:32:29 PM »
Great to hear. I hope that this fix allows you to enjoy your scooter and not have to fight it out with your dealer again. On the plus side maybe your dealer learned a thing or two about keeping a customer in the loop. ;)

One can only hope! 
2012 Like 200i  in black

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2013, 12:38:08 AM »

One can only hope! 
91cavgt,
ALRIGHT~!
OK, you rascal - now you know .....you gotta start that 1000KM break-in cycle again since you're getting a major scooter organ transplant! Quarter throttle, half throttle, full beans after a year or so............
Enjoy, and remember that's not a clutch over there!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

tortoise

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2013, 06:06:04 PM »
Might consider installing a temperature meter to monitor spark plug cylinder head temperature.  One of the usual suspects for a cracked piston is a lean air-fuel mixture.

91cavgt

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2013, 01:07:58 AM »
I received a phone call today at noon from the dealership.  My scooter was ready to be picked up!  So, I hoped in my truck and headed down to the dealership.  After picking up my Like, I took it on a test ride to make sure it was working as it should be.  So after a 15 mile ride to work and hitting a top speed of 65 mph on the interstate, I am happy to say that it is back to running like it has been!! 
2012 Like 200i  in black

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2013, 02:42:49 AM »
I received a phone call today at noon from the dealership.  My scooter was ready to be picked up!  So, I hoped in my truck and headed down to the dealership.  After picking up my Like, I took it on a test ride to make sure it was working as it should be.  So after a 15 mile ride to work and hitting a top speed of 65 mph on the interstate, I am happy to say that it is back to running like it has been!! 
SUPER!
(been following this like Downton Abbey, Season 3 !)
Good for you - seriously. A man has got to have his scooter healthy!
Ride fast and s a f e !
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

tclhb

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2013, 04:39:26 AM »
Glad to hear! Congrats!
Tom. Huntington Beach, California

big blue