Author Topic: Will scoots ever be the main means of transport in Western countries?  (Read 8201 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Will scoots ever be the main means of transport in Western countries?
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2014, 01:51:33 PM »
Nice post!

That seems to be the general agreement. People that ride scooters are just all around better people.
People that don't are lazy slobs.

Hurray for the good team!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2014, 03:09:56 AM »
I pulled up to work the other morning, and a colleague was walking up to the door where I park my scooter as I was taking off my helmet and gloves. He asked me if it took me extra time to get all my gear on each morning (more gear when colder). I said yes, it did, but nothing beats a ride on the scooter when you're all toasty warm and comfortable. For me, that is a small trade-off for being able to ride to work each day. Most people will never understand taking the extra time or effort just to be able to ride a scooter to work each day. But as my dentist, who also rides, is fond of saying, "riding on two wheels is the closest I'll ever come to flying." I doubt that Americans will ever give up their padded cages, but some of us know better! And the number is growing - there are now 2 of us at work who ride scooters to work (his is a Buddy 125). We have threatened to start a scooter gang! :)
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2014, 03:42:56 AM »
I have said this a few times here... When I moved to Carrabelle there were no scooters here. I brought the first one that got ridden daily.

Within a year there were 8-9 of us riding daily (I found 6-7 of those bikes for people). I've been here 9 years, and there are around 60-70ish scooters riding almost daily in a town of 2,300 people. I sold four scooters I was holding for parts/rat bikes in the last 6 weeks.
The numbers are growing.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 03:44:36 AM by zombie »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2014, 09:30:27 AM »
see?  ;) 

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2014, 03:40:09 AM »
This news story from the local news channel proves why scooters will never be the main means of transportation. You have to go down on their facebook page to see how the majority of people in Vegas feel about scooters. They literally hate us. Basically it comes down to morons making stupid comments such ban scooters, they are too slow, they hold up traffic, they do not need a license and helmet to ride, their so dangerous, and why do the politicians allow them to ride. I know they do not know what they are talking about. https://www.facebook.com/FOX5LasVegas :-\
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2014, 03:42:05 AM »
Here is the full story as to what happen. I know the area since I go by it almost everyday on my way to work. http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/26756660/scooter-rider-hit-injured-by-suv-in-southeast-valley
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2014, 04:00:47 AM »
LOL @the comments on that post. I feel sorry for you, Vegas sounds like it sucks ass, hot and ass holes everywhere. At least in Portland the ass holes are used to somewhat sharing the road due to the bicycle movement here. I can't believe the ignorance of the comments, all from people that have never ridden two wheels. I agree on one point, if its a 49cc out should be on 40mph or less roads or slower if you can't go 40. But people that want to go 45 in a 35 have no right to get mad at a scooter doing 35 in a 35. Remind me to bring a gun if i ever go to Vegas (just kidding I seems like hell to me).
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

RubenC

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2014, 12:27:03 PM »
This reply is on Facebook under the Scooter/Nissan Pathfinder wreck https://www.facebook.com/FOX5LasVegas:  From Nick Arthur-Vittorio Poma: Ron when scooters are in the middle of the lane that is the scooters fault. Scooters have the same laws as bikes. Stay to the right not right in the middle of a lane. I hit one and it was hilarious. The cops showed up and asked me if I wanted to press charges because the scooter was completely at fault. 
From the Great Nation called Texas. Oops I mean the Great State called Texas

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2014, 03:40:19 PM »
That is exactly what is wrong with people these days. Even if the scooter was at fault when has it been "funny" to hit ANYONE? Is that true worth Vegas moped laws? Anyone? I have never heard that, it's 30mph or slower usually.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2014, 05:39:24 PM »
I have said this a few times here... When I moved to Carrabelle there were no scooters here. I brought the first one that got ridden daily.

Within a year there were 8-9 of us riding daily (I found 6-7 of those bikes for people). I've been here 9 years, and there are around 60-70ish scooters riding almost daily in a town of 2,300 people. I sold four scooters I was holding for parts/rat bikes in the last 6 weeks.
The numbers are growing.

Zombie,

We've been looking to move to Fl. for over a decade now, never been able to pull the string. I looked up your area out of curiosity, what a great place for a single man, should I divorce my wife, LOL! :)
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2014, 11:43:01 PM »
Here is the full story as to what happen. I know the area since I go by it almost everyday on my way to work. http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/26756660/scooter-rider-hit-injured-by-suv-in-southeast-valley

Those people commenting are all right. I am a menace, and I am dangerous on the streets.
I hold up traffic just cause I can, and I make the rain.
Good thing they have NO FRIGGIN' CLUE!  I do love a heard of sheep tho. Is it a "heard" or flock...
I heard of sheep but I NEVER flocked one. 

Waiting for me to say "yet" right?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2014, 11:47:09 PM »
This reply is on Facebook under the Scooter/Nissan Pathfinder wreck https://www.facebook.com/FOX5LasVegas:  From Nick Arthur-Vittorio Poma: Ron when scooters are in the middle of the lane that is the scooters fault. Scooters have the same laws as bikes. Stay to the right not right in the middle of a lane. I hit one and it was hilarious. The cops showed up and asked me if I wanted to press charges because the scooter was completely at fault. 

Laws vary, and Cops vary. People also LIE on the net cause they can.
Don't worry...I used B&L's gun to shoot the guy that wrote that. He lived next door.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2014, 03:10:26 PM »
Sure, right after the formation of the USA Bovine Air Force.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2014, 04:30:41 AM »
You do know that swine flew right?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()