Author Topic: GrandVista Aftermarket Brake pads...  (Read 5359 times)

Rudolf

• Born to be wild!!!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: GrandVista Aftermarket Brake pads...
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2014, 05:52:20 AM »
I've replaced the brake pads on the rear wheel and cost 55 Lei both pads (around 15$)...

mrbios

• 2005 Kymco Grandvista 250cc
  • Just crusing along on my 2005 GV250
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2014, 02:24:10 AM »
I've tried to find EBC brake pads..  it wasn't easy.

EBC pads:
Front:  FA197  I found them on Amazon for $28   note says to not re-use old shims  I presume the FA197HH would also fit.
 http://www.amazon.com/EBC-Brakes-FA197-Non-Asbestos-Organic/dp/B006B281LG#
Rear:  SFA356  Amazon for $20.
http://www.amazon.com/EBC-Brakes-SFA356-Standard-Scooter/dp/B006O764CG

I think the photos are not necessarily the same as the real parts. 

Scoot Safely,

Thanks for the link.  Btw (by the way), Amazon could be a good way to try out the EBC because they have a new no cost return that I used for the first time with an item I bought.  You bring the item to any participating 7-11 that hosts Amazon Locker and you put in your RMA return code and the locker opens and amazon gets notified.  No return shipping!

take care,

Paul
PaulC

windwheeler

• View Profile
    • WindStrom windshields
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2014, 01:47:37 PM »
I agree further research really points to "Pilot jet circuit" as you stated.  I never checked that screw and when it was "cleaned" by the dealer by the 2nd owner that bought it clogged they might have messed around with.  My performance issue is coming off idle to 1/4 turn and this appears to be the exact range of the Pilot jet.  The air bleed has to be the issue.  Maybe the screw was never moved but it needs to be removed and then sprayed with carb cleaner and compressed air and a thin wire poked in the hole. 

Overall, the scoot is running well just passed 13K miles.  I road a friends 2-stroke (2-smoke) Vespa P200 from 1980.  Really fun to drive and it has a clutch and gears!  I think it is a 5 speed.  However, going over about 45mph?  And the rake of the front wheel / fork is too steep making it twitchy.  I couldn't imagine going 65 mph or faster on the highway.

If that Vespa is that 'twitchy" I think somethin g is worn out, or bad tires.  They should be fine also for higher speeds.

windwheeler

• View Profile
    • WindStrom windshields
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2014, 02:48:59 PM »
Im glad it is resolved.  I hate to say "I told you so"... ;-)  [my post January 24, 2014, 07:44:29 AM>>Seems typically your pilot circuit or jet is clogged<<<]

mrbios

• 2005 Kymco Grandvista 250cc
  • Just crusing along on my 2005 GV250
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2016, 03:20:15 AM »
Has anyone ever replaced the rear brake pads on a Kymco Grandvista 250?  I have been looking online but none of the pictures match the picture I took of my worn-out rear brake pads?

The search is over!  Recently, I ordered front and rear pads and the total cost was $10 and $0 for shipping from amazon!!  They were semi metalic and a perfect fit. Much cheaper than the $50 my dealer charged for just the rear pads (parts only, I did the install!)

Sixity Front + Rear Organic Brake Pads 2005-2010 KYMCO Grandvista 250 Set Full Kit Complete:

http://www.amazon.com/Sixity-Organic-2005-2010-Grandvista-Complete/dp/B0191GL5TS?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&ref_=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_2

PaulC

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()