Author Topic: Front and rear rack solution - Made in Germany  (Read 927 times)

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
Front and rear rack solution - Made in Germany
« on: March 10, 2018, 10:40:21 AM »
While talking accessorizing the Like - I found some interesting real stuff yesterday for a front and rear rack for the Like scooters.  8)
You know Germany really has some creative and smart engineers.  ;)

Here is the link to the mounting instruction
http://www.slooowriders.de/forum/umbauten/susi-oder-pinocchio/

Another advantage is, that the regulator/rectifier moves downward mounted directly into the airflow of the tie opening. Better cooling though.
Everything is removable anytime you wish to bring the scooter in original condition again.

If I only knew a welder or metaller, I would let him do the work at least for the front rack immediately...
The front rack itself is a aftermarket product from the internet that fits for Vespas.

And here are the pictures and the video of that Balkan trip from Germany to Turkey they took:

Diary and pictures
http://www.slooowriders.de/6rollertour/

Video

And guess what? The only scooter that remains troublefree throughout the whole trip was the Kymco Like.  ;) :) :D ;D 8)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 12:03:26 PM by vespbretta »
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Front ant rear rack solution - Made in Germany
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 07:02:22 PM »
Robo,
Are they all 4-stroke motors?
A Kymco, Vespa, Gilera....but what is the yellow one? French?

My two fav. snaps of the trip. (watched the video as well)

This would be great fun! (the one fellow reported spending 1200 Euros during the 22 day trip)

Thanks for sharing this with us!

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
Re: Front ant rear rack solution - Made in Germany
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 09:37:42 PM »
Hey Tom,
the yellow brick is a japanese Yamaha Giggle, 50cc, 4-stroke, EFI, watercooled, 2,9HP restricted, 5HP unrestricted, two unregulated catalytic converters.
The Gilera Stalker 50 2T was the only 2-stroke scooter and generally in bad shape with lots of troubles enroute. And he had to ride at the end of the group most of the time because of his bad 2-stroke smell and fumes and because he himself was a chain-smoker even when riding the bike.  :o

The total costs of 1.200€ are about right, they also did a lot of ("forbidden") wild camping.
But this is not always so exciting, especially when it´s raining and temperatures are low. I know that from my own experience.

These trips are great fun indeed, but also can be pretty tough and exhausting from time to time. Especially in cold and bad weather.

This guy has some more nice trips posted online on his website. All of them are worth beeing explored. More breathtaking gorges and canyons and alpine routes to be seen.  8) ;) ;D

Have fun!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 09:40:24 PM by vespbretta »
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
Re: Front and rear rack solution - Made in Germany
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 01:58:49 PM »
The front rack is brilliant. And I was struggling with working out how to mount spot lamps... :|
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

PaulF

• View Profile
Re: Front and rear rack solution - Made in Germany
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 09:22:43 PM »
Thanks for those links, fantastic.   What a great trip that would have been.  Just need to translate it now.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()