Author Topic: Anyone have photos of the black/blue Like 200i?  (Read 3352 times)

MtnGirl1

• Kymco 2013 Like200i
    • View Profile
Anyone have photos of the black/blue Like 200i?
« on: March 12, 2014, 07:27:48 PM »
Hi fellow scooterists!

Just wondered if anyone out there has photos of their black/blue metallic Like 200i?  We just ordered one for my husband this morning, and would love to see some photos (other than the ones on the Kymco site).  I got a new red one last week, and think the black should make a nice addition.  Thanks in advance!
Debbie
Grand Junction, CO

Dolemite

• View Profile
Re: Anyone have photos of the black/blue Like 200i?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 09:33:12 PM »
I have a few pics of mine on my Flikr stream, the blue is more noticeable in direct sunlight, i've also done considerable work to the seat and painting certain parts, so it looks a little different than stock
https://www.flickr.com/photos/29331232@N02/with/9359135142/

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 09:35:32 PM »
Do a BING Image search for " kymco like club philippines "
There are lots of handsome pictures there of all kinds of LIKE scooters taken by the fellows in that club....many are the black variety.

My neighbor has a black LIKE 200i, his wife has the red one.(They told me that they made this purchase after watching me ride by their house so many times on my blue/white LX version....and thought "That looks like fun!". )
His is a pretty handsome scoot - actually- I like all of them!

I'm going to be nosey...why did you folks decide on the Kymco LIKE, if I may ask?
Safe riding and  "Welcome!"
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 09:44:00 PM »
I have a few pics of mine on my Flikr stream, the blue is more noticeable in direct sunlight, i've also done considerable work to the seat and painting certain parts, so it looks a little different than stock
Dole...
You got the Buddy into the back seat of your car?!
Nice scoot ....I can do a search, but I'm beat from work: Did you do a tutorial on the wiring the 'dead' front lights on our LIKE's?
How many miles now?
Nice pics....thanks for sharing!
Ride safe you two.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

TXLIKE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 11:00:00 PM »
Here's mine, hope it posts!
2012 Like 200i
Euless, TX

MtnGirl1

• Kymco 2013 Like200i
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 03:15:20 AM »
Thanks so much for all the photos/links provided.  It looks like a beautiful color, can't wait to see it in person.  Now we just have to wait for it to arrive (about 7-10 days).   :(
Debbie
Grand Junction, CO

MtnGirl1

• Kymco 2013 Like200i
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 03:27:44 AM »
Do a BING Image search for " kymco like club philippines "
There are lots of handsome pictures there of all kinds of LIKE scooters taken by the fellows in that club....many are the black variety.

My neighbor has a black LIKE 200i, his wife has the red one.(They told me that they made this purchase after watching me ride by their house so many times on my blue/white LX version....and thought "That looks like fun!". )
His is a pretty handsome scoot - actually- I like all of them!

I'm going to be nosey...why did you folks decide on the Kymco LIKE, if I may ask?
Safe riding and  "Welcome!"
Stig

Stig, to answer your question, I did a lot of research on the internet.  This forum was incredibly helpful, btw.  I couldn't afford to spend a great deal, but wanted something reliable.  I found as many reviews as possible and found that the vast majority of Kymco riders are very pleased.  With the type of riding I intend on doing, the Like 200i seems like it will be a good fit.  Thanks to all of you that post, it's become my evening read!
Debbie
Grand Junction, CO

Dolemite

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 02:16:42 PM »
Dole...
You got the Buddy into the back seat of your car?!
Nice scoot ....I can do a search, but I'm beat from work: Did you do a tutorial on the wiring the 'dead' front lights on our LIKE's?
How many miles now?
Nice pics....thanks for sharing!
Ride safe you two.
Stig

We got her Buddy in the back of a Honda CRV with ZERO room to spare when we picked it up, we had to leave the tail gate window open for the headlight to poke out. As for the dead lights, my integrated blinkers do not have bulbs in them I don plan on wiring them up someday, but the driving lights have always worked.... do other likes in the US have them deactivated??? I did buy mine used, so theres a chance the previous owner wired them up. As for the GF's Buddy, when the DOT blinkers were installed the bulbs were left in the integrated lights. We purchased a "BOB" adapter from a fellow on Modern Buddy which allows the front blinkers on each side to alternate or "BOB" between the DOT lights and the integrated lights. I'm thinking about trying to do the same thing on the Like.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 03:56:30 AM »

I like what you did with the exhaust and have thought about painting or anodizing mine. Did you use a high temp paint?

Dolemite

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 01:01:34 PM »
Yep, I used rustoleum flat black grill paint, however last week when the cover came loose it scratched some off and I had to redo it. For the past 5 day's i've been painting my rear rack and passenger grips gloss black with protective enamel, I should have it back together today, i'll add some new pics when I do. Looks pretty sweet so far.

Dolemite

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 06:35:54 PM »
Hi fellow scooterists!

Just wondered if anyone out there has photos of their black/blue metallic Like 200i?  We just ordered one for my husband this morning, and would love to see some photos (other than the ones on the Kymco site).  I got a new red one last week, and think the black should make a nice addition.  Thanks in advance!

Mtngirl... took some photos of my newly painted rear rack today. This one offers the best view of what that midnight blue/black metallic whatever paint job looks like.

IMG_20140314_131830_417 by documbie, on Flickr

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 07:50:38 PM »
Nice job on the rack and passenger handle.

MtnGirl1

• Kymco 2013 Like200i
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2014, 04:35:02 AM »
Nice job Dolemite!!  The black/blue is a beautiful color in the sunlight!  You've done a great job, and I love the brown seat with the black!  Thanks so much for providing the photo!!
Debbie
Grand Junction, CO

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()