Author Topic: Exhaust Cover tried to escape  (Read 747 times)

Dolemite

• View Profile
Exhaust Cover tried to escape
« on: March 09, 2014, 05:15:06 PM »
So 3 weeks after installing new bolts in the exhaust cover after two escaped, 3 decided to fall off on a long ride. My GF and I rode to Biloxi yesterday, about 100 miles each way, and on the way back we traded scoots. She was on my like and I saw something hanging off the side. We pulled over and 3 of the new bolts I had just put in had come out and the fourth was barely hanging on, the cover was flailing in the wind. So it's back to home depot for new bolts, lock washers, and a sh**load of Loctite. I may also try to find some skinny nuts to help hold them in place this time.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
Re: Exhaust Cover tried to escape
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 03:12:53 AM »
When I heard some folks where finding either missing bolts or loose ones I checked mine. So far no problem. I did however used a marker pen and mark a reference line across the bolt head and onto the shield. That way I can see if the bolts are working their way loose.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 08:46:19 PM »
When I heard some folks where finding either missing bolts or loose ones I checked mine. So far no problem. I did however used a marker pen and mark a reference line across the bolt head and onto the shield. That way I can see if the bolts are working their way loose.
After reading all the comments before purchasing my LIKE....
I spent 3/4s of an hour checking everything on my scoot after they delivered it.
Nothing loose.....and still nothing loose after 10 months.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 04:38:54 AM »
After reading all the comments before purchasing my LIKE....
I spent 3/4s of an hour checking everything on my scoot after they delivered it.
Nothing loose.....and still nothing loose after 10 months.
Stig

Yes, but what about the rider?  ;)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()