Author Topic: Officially in the family now  (Read 4126 times)

Seal Sam

• View Profile
Officially in the family now
« on: March 06, 2014, 03:34:17 AM »

Picked up the wife's new bike this morning.

Momma bear

• View Profile
Officially in the family now
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 03:57:09 AM »
Beautiful! The Like is a classy ride. Best of luck.
Ride safe
People300i

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
Re: Officially in the family now
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 05:27:17 AM »
Looking at the picture I see a lovely country road. Should have rode the Like home.

Nice looking Like. She's gonna love it. They are a great scooter. I've been enjoying mine for 19 months now. I never get tired of it. I love exploring the backroads the ones less traveled. Fun rides.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 05:28:36 AM »
Very very nice... one of the best moments in life... Congratulations!!!  ;)

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 05:34:56 PM »
Great looking scoot! Don't be surprised if people come up to you and gush about the looks. What kind of windscreen did you install? I have been debating whether to add one to my Like. ;)
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

NeoGenesisMax

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 08:21:48 PM »
Well seeing as it's not for him and his name has seal in it i'm gonna assume he's a Navy Seal and that 's for his wife. He may or may not think he's to manly for a scooter and that's why he didn't ride it home, but i'm hoping that he wasn't riding it home because it would be nice to let the wife ride it first since it's her's.    Wait until Stig sees this.  He's going to gush over this for sure.  I am also curious to what windshield you used. 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 08:27:48 PM by NeoGenesisMax »

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 08:48:30 PM »
Yeah, me too on that windshield!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

wan72

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 09:10:56 PM »
It's beautiful, you're wife is gonna love it!! Be prepared to come second to the bike now..... My husband does  :) safe riding.
Wanda.....
Gold Coast, Australia

donandrews

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 11:14:14 PM »
Ditto on the congrats to your wife. She's gonna love it. And ditto on the windshield, too. I'm curious about whether you will have a headlight reflection on it at night. That's been a challenge for several of us.
Peace and Ride Safe
2012 Like 200i   
Lusting for People 300GTI, but recently purchased Vespa 250GTSie instead.
Brownsville OR 
Home of Willamette Country Music Festival and
movie "Stand By Me"

Normal is Relative

Seal Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 12:49:15 AM »
Beautiful! The Like is a classy ride. Best of luck.
Ride safe

I'll be answering for my wife on the response's.

The ride safe will be taken very seriously!

Julie(wife)has riden my dual sport and SYM a few times.   She'll be in MSF school next week.  I'm staying out of the way.

Thanks for the good wishes Momma Bear!

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2014, 02:27:30 AM »
Picked up the wife's new bike this morning.

That is such a pretty scoot - you really need two of them. One for the living room.
The lines of it look so 'clean' without the crash bars. This scoot, as well as a few more Kymcos I think, was designed ('drawn') by an Italian.... and I think it shows. Imagine those lovely rear quarters without that top box....very shapely!
My goodness, this baby parked next to a brilliant red SYM HD200.....shoot, you need to keep 'em both in the living room!
Yep, take the bus and keep your two pretty scoots in the house!
Well done, you!
(and thanks much for the picture~!)
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2014, 11:47:40 PM »
Ditto on the congrats to your wife. She's gonna love it. And ditto on the windshield, too. I'm curious about whether you will have a headlight reflection on it at night. That's been a challenge for several of us.
Peace and Ride Safe
Donandrews---- 2 things
A) have you looked at the SYM Citycom 300i at $4900 (vs the People GTi 300 at $5400)
2) Your country music fest..... Have you heard of Wayne Henderson and his music festival? (if you like acoustic guitars you REALLY must read the book about him building the guitar for Eric Clapton. The book has nothing to do with Clapton - but everything to do with building wonderful guitars. "Clapton's Guitar: Watching Wayne Henderson Build the Perfect Instrument" )
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

TXLIKE

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 11:58:38 PM »
Welcome to the family. Love the blue and white combo.
2012 Like 200i
Euless, TX

Seal Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2014, 03:42:07 AM »

Jeez scooter pirates, thanks for all the welcoming responses!  Scooter folks are fantastic!

Just to get back on track, I was trying to respond last night, but that was not working.  I was out of town with the wife for a quick overnighter and I was using my ipad with a verizon hot spot thingy, and it was just crappola...

Anyway, just to get this staight, this blue & white luxo limo is my wife's.  She just finished her masters in nurse education, a long 3 years, and the whole time she said she would reward herself and join the scoot society.  She did!

She is a first time rider, no license yet.  Her MSF course is next week.  I know, alot of folks are rolling there eyes about now about a new rider on a new machine...yada, yada...I've heard it all from friends, so save that portion of it.

I'm 54 and have ridden since 12.  Nurse Julie has many, many thousands mile as pillion.  We live in So Cali, and have toured on my BMW RT for many years.  I have lots of dirt and dual sport time under my belt.  Last my I bought my first scooter, a SYM HD 200, and I love this thing!!  I rotate alot of bikes between my shop and home garage, but the SYM is always at home.  Its my first choice to ride, even if its 20 miles up to work.

I don't know if kymco forum mods will allow it, but over on ADV Rider I'm on there as Samthg.  I started a like thread about some of my scooter rides since joining a meetup club over in Long Beach.  The club gets together once a month for a ride somewhere new and interesting, and they have not failed.  But, best of all, just a bunch of good folks in the group that enjoy scootering.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=941261

Thanks for reading.

Sam

Seal Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2014, 04:04:06 AM »

...also, let me try to reply to some of the comments.

Troutbum-It's Orange County, CA., so that little road probably doesn't go too far before you run into 1000's of homes.  Glad to hear you've got 19 mos of trouble free miles!

Vivo-"one of the best moments"-you ain't kidding, I picked it up and put it in the garage.  When she got home from work she ran to the garage, and her happiness was priceless.

big blue-I still can't get over when i'm riding with my scooter group on how many waves and horn blowing we get, it cracks up all the riders, it's fun!  I'm a fan of windscreens, even have one of my small dual sport.  As far as I know it's just a kymco product.  I'll let you know how it works out.

Neo-No i'm not a Seal Team member, I'm from Seal Beach, CA.  But my son's best friend is a Seal member, now in Germany.  Amazing what that kid has gone through.

Crossbolt-I'll get some pics of that screen and how it's mounted, i'll let you know how it works out.

wan72-I've been 3rd fiddle for a long time, dogs and kids have always rotated between 1st & 2nd.

don-thanks for the headlight heads up.  I did not know any of that.  I do not ride at night, but never say never.  I'll it least check it out.

TXLike-thanks for that!

Stig-I'm new here, and I appreciate the way you've reached out with some great info.  I look forward to hopefully add to the mix!  Hey, you mentioned parked next to my HD, well I just happen to have that.....

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()