Scooters - 125 to 300 > People s150

indicated speed

(1/2) > >>

people person:
I was wondering if anyone knows what the difference is between indicated speed and true speed on the 150.I know some clever dicks are able to use gps and/or mobile phones to check actual speed but I'm not that clever.I hadn't ridden for a couple of years prior to getting the scooter but 90ks just doesn't seem to be as fast as it used to be.

Iahawk:
most scooters (and motorcycles) tend to indicate a few mph higher than actual speed...my Kymco is about 3 mph fast as is my Honda. My motorcycle is a couple mph fast, too. I don't think there is any absolute number for one model as it seems to slightly differ between vehicles.

If you estimate 3-5 mph you will be pretty close.

JJJoseph:

--- Quote from: people person on October 26, 2021, 10:06:01 PM ---what the difference is between indicated speed and true speed

--- End quote ---
The only people who ever worry about this are airplane pilots!  The rest of us ground-dwellers just make an educated guess.

hatman90:

--- Quote from: people person on October 26, 2021, 10:06:01 PM ---I was wondering if anyone knows what the difference is between indicated speed and true speed on the 150.I know some clever dicks are able to use gps and/or mobile phones to check actual speed but I'm not that clever.I hadn't ridden for a couple of years prior to getting the scooter but 90ks just doesn't seem to be as fast as it used to be.

--- End quote ---
When following freeway traffic @ 70 MPH my 2007 People 250 speedo registers 80MPH

mrmike:

--- Quote from: people person on October 26, 2021, 10:06:01 PM ---I was wondering if anyone knows what the difference is between indicated speed and true speed on the 150.I know some clever dicks are able to use gps and/or mobile phones to check actual speed but I'm not that clever.I hadn't ridden for a couple of years prior to getting the scooter but 90ks just doesn't seem to be as fast as it used to be.

--- End quote ---

My new X-Town 300I reads about 2mph higher than my GPS reading.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version